Welcome to Zoe's Corner!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Zoe

Alternative Research Encyclopedia
Reaction score
Welcome! We are moving the group discussion on diet and seizures to this forum. The original focus is on gluten, but we aren't stuck there and we are open to other discussions about seizure disorders and how to treat them.
I'm copying the messages from the group into a single thread here-group messages so we'll have some way to track them. It will be easier now for us to keep track of what we are discussing. Join in!
:mrt:

Thank you.
I am glad that it is out of the group, so that many will join in the conversation.
I am so excited that you are continueing this discussion Zoe. I truly think it is an important direction.

I have

to agree. I do follow the GARD, but don't feel qualified to lead such a discussion...and since you 2 are our nutritional gurus...:bigsmile::bigmouth: I will DEFINITELY defer to you on this particular topic.....

Meetz

I just never got an update on the group list, when someone had posted. I lost track of the discussion.

It will be much easier to track the discussion here. Thanks for getting this started, Zoe. I think nutrition plays a vital role in seizures, and overall health for that matter. Having this discussion in the forums will definitely open this up more.

hippocrates

Now I can spend more time looking for quotes attributed to Hippocrates concerning good diet and health. Thanks.:clap:

Great idea and will be easier to follow.

Thanks,
joan*

Great idea and will be easier to follow.

Thanks,
joan*
What diet topics are most on people's minds? The three biggies now are Gluten Free, Ketogenic, and Atkins modified. There are tons of nutrition topics for us to consider here too.

Here are a few links from Google on the Atkins diet for starters:
Modified Atkins Diet Can Cut Epileptic Seizures In AdultsJan 28, 2008 ... In 2002, Johns Hopkins researchers began testing a modified version of the Atkins diet in children with epilepsy. The modified diet shares ...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080128113325.htm - 50k - Cached - Similar pages
How An Atkins-like Diet Can Treat Epilepsy: Leptin Attenuates ...Dec 20, 2007 ... Not all individuals who have epilepsy respond to traditional treatments. Strict adherence to a ketogenic diet high in fats and extremely low ...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071220172129.htm - 47k - Cached - Similar pages
More results from www.sciencedaily.com »
The Atkins Diet for Epilepsy?“The Atkins diet can induce a ketotic state similar to the ketogenic diet and may be similarly beneficial for patients with epilepsy and perhaps more ...
http://www.neurologyreviews.com/jan04/nr_jan04_atkins.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom