Well what will they find today?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning E friends.
It's Monday, it's my birthday, and in two hours the process starts. A day with the neurotech and neuropsych to see what they can find. How's my memory? My language skills? (lol can't remember who it was recently that said the testing almost felt like being back in kindergarten). Ha! Sounds like a fairly easy day to me then. :banana:

Around dinnertime I will be put in my bed, wide-eyed and prob. on the verge of tears just at the massiveness of it all. After 19 years you almost get used to it, just in the sense that today I feel a bit in shock that dealing with it is actually happening.

Thank you to everyone on here, none of this (or my time since joining) would be the same. I'll be in touch when I can - and you 'member MuayThai I'm working on one for you too!!!!!!!
Love you guys.

I hope you do well and best wishes. Scary stuff dealing with it all. Thank you for all your insight, and being a friend on here to me.

Good Luck Q and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May today, your Birthday be your day of revelations......on into the future :)

Happy Birthday Girl…

Happy Birthday Qtown and lets hope for the best and a speedy recovery!

:bday: :bday2: Hope you get the best results anyone could imagine!

Oh my gosh I forgot to say Happy Birthday! Hopefully they find the results and next year for your birthday you are seizure free!

Hope your day went well, and that your doctors are nice. And handsome. And charming.

Qtown,
Hope the appts with the Neuropsych went well & good luck.

Happy late birthday! I had to comment because I know how you feel about being in shock, except I was just diagnosed, so I know it's different. But it's still hard for me to believe I will probably have to deal with this for the rest of my life.

*shaking head* where does the time really go?

right now i'm about to book a room for my one-year follow-up in van. instinct says something nice, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime trip. there is a penthouse suite we've stayed in a few times during my surgery journey, so i started looking at pictures and availability. SLAM! did that ever hit home.
there is a picture of the one couch i sat on when i started this thread in 2012, i remember getting up early to make myself a happy birthday coffee and grab the laptop, saying bye to you guys and wondering where my life was going from that day on.

i can't believe in a few weeks i'm going to be on that couch again, an entire year after brain surgery. i'm only in my 30's, time isn't supposed to go this fast!! wthell?!?!

the year prior to surg i had six grand mals, not counting the three in the unit after i started this thread. nine!!
on july 8 i was one-year grand mal-free. from nine to none?... this is the life... hugs all;)

ps- haha i wonder what my neuropsych testing will say tho. "memory and other things have gone to shit but she's not having seizures so let's just give 'er a pass!!"

Last edited:
Go for the penthouse! And make sure there's room for the rest of us. We need to appear in your one-year anniversary selfie...

are you trying to combine your orgy with my follow-up? tsk tsk nak.
mind you, the room is big enough, it's like a little apartment!! could fit four of us in the jacuzzi tub and four in the king bed. :ponder:

oh and i may as well add here... no joke... i AM doing a one-year anniversary selfie (for lack of a better word). will make another thread on that tho, shortly.
what i've been asked to do is such an honour that it deserves its own thread.

nak u better be careful with all this (what 2 years already?!) orgy talk... we may just hold you to it one day.

qtowngirl

What will they find, easy, one very brave young lady who has nothing to worry about. I will be thinking of you young lady. Just make sure you have a good view.

:hugs: thank you liam, such a good friend. the world needs more people like you (and i'll speak on behalf of mel too... she agrees) ;)

Hi Q! All the best to you on your upcoming trip. It does seem like this year has gone fast, but in a way it seems to me like your surgery was longer ago then that. Time is so strange . . .
SO, we're back to the orgy talk again? I guess that has never totally died down, has it? Just let us know your room number and we'll be there with bells on, so to speak. If the suite only holds four it may get a little crowded in there, but we'll just have to make do, won't we?
Anyhow, I hope the trip goes well! Stay cool in all this heat and, of course, keep us posted on everything.

Onward!

PS, say hi to Mel, too!

Back
Top Bottom