What are you listening to?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The Dobbie Brothers

Listen To the Music
Jesus is Alright
China Grove

Last edited:
I had to order the vinyl of The Kills No Wow from England because it is out of print here in the US.
The second album was supposed to be electronic on a classic Moog but it broke right before they began recording so it's all Jamie's guitar and Allison's voice.
They took two weeks writing the songs and three to record them, so the album has a raw, almost live concert feel.
There is also a different tone to No Wow from their first album.
It’s tensely sexual, like two close friends who are teasing each other but have no intention of taking it any further because they know doing it wouldn’t be nearly as good as their imaginations.
I have to say that their kind of music works better on vinyl with its garage band sensibilities filtered through dark blues.

I'll make a shorter post when I can do links.

[ame]http://youtu.be/8fAi8Jc2hrw[/ame]

Britny Fox - Girlschool

Come on girl

A school bell rings off the day
Brings in a stray few girls at play
Cut school, pink slips are fine
For a good time boys on their mind

A bad girl smoking in school
Breaking the rules, acting real cool
Talkin' 'bout all the rock boys
Backseat joys with some boy's toy

At the girlschool
'Cause my baby broke all the rules
At the girlschool

Saddle shoes, uniform's blue
Love all the girls in the girlschool
Traffic jam in the hallway
Ooh, I'm gonna stay, this makes my day

Here they come girls from the school
Breakin' the rules, hot on the loose
My girl left right from school
Came over to my house, ooh

At the girlschool
At the girlschool

At the girlschool
At the girlschool

You're staying after school

At the girlschool
Girlschool

Pink slips, lips all wide
For a good time, boys on their mind

At the girlschool
Girlschool

At the girlschool
At the girlschool
At the girlschool

Don't Stop by the Creek, Son - Johnny Copeland and Stevie Ray Vaughan

Androgyny - Garbage
I got to see them live in Nashville last summer.
Let me start by saying that the concert was amazing.
Shirley Manson is paces the stage like a lion in a cage, feral energy just seeming to be waiting to be unleashed at any second.
Then she will hit a note, rising up on her toes, like the music is being drawn right out of her soul.
You don’t realize that she is an average size woman because with the help of her fellow musicians she takes over the stages and owns the theatre.
They were playing at the Ryman Auditorium which was the site for the Grand Old Opry for 30 years and Shirley said more than once how amazing it was to play at the same place as so many musical greats.
Still, as we sat in the long pew like benches I would say that she continued the traditions of the Ryman just fine.

Last edited:
Hey Boy Hey Girl - The Chemical Brothers
Just picked up Surrender on vinyl and I'm going to turn my CDs into coasters.
The music breathes.
It can be cranked up to 11 without danger of distortion and has the ability to envelope your house just the way it should.

Back
Top Bottom