What are you listening to?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CathyAnn31

Big Smile
Reaction score
Since we all come from different walks of life and different parts of the world, I'd sure love to know what music you're enjoying/listening to. I might even learn of some bands I'd never even heard of. You tube is great and I'm sure I'd look up a few if they sounded interecting enough. :rock:

At the moment I'm jamming out to Little Black Submarines ~ The Black Keys

I am a fan of Haley Reinhart. She jammed with Irvin Mayfield at his New Orleans Jazz Club last summer and actually will be appearing with him and others at Carnegie Hall next month. You can find on YouTube typing in Haley Mayfield. I am older but really like most genres of music from old rock n roll to girl and guy bands of the 50s and 60s to classical (mainly baroque) to blues, jazz, even old Disco. Great new topic.

I will look up the Black Keys.

I'll definitely check her out. Thanks. :) '

The Black Keys may be an aquired taste, lol.

Last Kiss ~ Pearl Jam

Love The Black Keys.. classic rock..... Agree with some of the comments on YouTube.. Listen to Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven....I saw them in person oh so many many years ago.

Ok, so this is some of the better new albums I’m listening to now. I like almost all genera’s of music with the exception of mainstream pop (what’s with all the late 90’s techno beats that only sound good if I’m black out drunk at a club or rave)… also not to huge of a fan of country, the older stuff I don’t mind as much.

The new Bobby Womack cd is pretty badass (yup, he’s back)
Frank Ocean – Channel Orange
The Roots – Undun
First Aid Kit – Lions Roar
Dinosaur Jr’s new album – (After so many years Jay Mascis still f_cking rocks)
Metric - Synthetica
Tropics – Nautical Clamor
Grimes – Visions
Norah Jones – Little Broken Hearts (people say she should stick to jazz singing, I think they should stick to shutting up)
Macintosh Plus – A weird new wave throw back album

The Key’s have stayed true to themselves despite become more mainstream. You should check Dan Auerback’s CD.

Marina & the Diamonds

And this girl has a taste for dance/trance/house and yes techno....was just born in the wrong generation :)

And this girl has a taste for dance/trance/house and yes techno....:)

Clarification, I am a fan of “electronic music” just not some abrasive techno, but that me :). I love LCD Sound System, Boards of Canada, Hot Chip, Future Sounds of London, Air, Chemical Brothers, Stereo Lab just to name a few. If you throw on some Nu-Disco you’ll have me forever…. Same goes for regular disco.

Techno/trance/minimal is often on my playlists, too.

Haven't listened to it in ages, but Some Other Time by The Alan Parsons Project is on infinite repeat in my head today. Unfortunately, it's a pretty mediocre song, so I need some aural bleach.

Goldfrapp, song title Utopia.
Not my usual song choice, but it's amazing. Makes me feel so relaxed.

beatles beatles beatles john lennon,eagles,elvis le roy green on at moment simpliy red.mike and mehcanics,,rolling stones david bowie abba...i out of date i never heard of you music groups

Remember that scene in Forrest Gump where Jenny is high on something and is standing on the edge of the building.. the song playing is Lynard Skynard's Free Bird

beatles beatles beatles john lennon,eagles,elvis le roy green on at moment simpliy red.mike and mehcanics,,rolling stones david bowie abba...i out of date i never heard of you music groups

All good. All but the present decade have gone retro, so there's no out of date as long as those who grew up with it are still around.

Right now I am listening to Guitar Legend Jeck Beck and Soul Diva Joss Stone - I put a spell on you! WOW... Powerful... I do not watch American Idol but someone told me about this!! I am jammin' here all alone typing....

Last edited:
The new Bobby Womack cd is pretty badass (yup, he’s back)
Have to check that out, lately I've been listening to his old cover of California Dreaming..

Dinosaur Jr’s new album – (After so many years Jay Mascis still f_cking rocks)
Homeboy! He's an excellent hockey player too, so I hear...

I love LCD Sound System, Boards of Canada, Hot Chip, Future Sounds of London, Air, Chemical Brothers, Stereo Lab
P-Funk, have you been listening to my mix CDs?

Last thing i listened to was techno dj tin tin,because i was there at that very set,new years eve 94/95,ah the memories!!! Im gonna add to this thread later when ive got more time.

Back
Top Bottom