What are you listening to?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Clarification, I am a fan of “electronic music” just not some abrasive techno, but that me :). I love LCD Sound System, Boards of Canada, Hot Chip, Future Sounds of London, Air, Chemical Brothers, Stereo Lab just to name a few. If you throw on some Nu-Disco you’ll have me forever…. Same goes for regular disco.

right on - great bands
I've been getting back into Amon Tobin lately too
Aquanote, Zero 7, Gotye, Bill Laswell, Meat Beat Manifesto, Squarepusher, Miguel Migs, ...shit I just stumbled onto Fast Eddie "Yo yo get funky" again on YouTube looking up stuff - maaaaannnn
kick it oldskool--> - listening to it gives me the taste of gin and tonics in my mouth >o~ (nearing nine years sober)
808State, Underworld, Orbital, the Orb, FSOL definitely: Paupa New Guinea and Expander (Remix) definitely, Prodigy fo sho, Chemical Brothers fo sho

THANK YOU SCREAMY! That is awesome! I love Beck. Today I listen to Jazz, Blues (older original stuff) and Screaming Jay Hawkins. Earlier Tom Waits. David Bowie!! Classic rock.
Old PUNK, OMG nobody said the Pogues! The old Pogues with Shane Macgowan! WOW
That gets me going (gotta dance!). Live R&B whenever possible. More dancing is needed in my life.

OOPS! I forgot some really important stuff; Pink Floyd, Leonard Cohen, Iggy Pop, the DOORS. Oh did I say Leonard Cohen? That is a must, must must.

Singles tonight, for starters:

Year of the Cat, Al Stewart.
Space Age Love Song, A Flock of Seagulls.
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, Crash Test Dummies

I've heard Mmm gets no respect, not sure why.

Oh yeah, love the Black Keys!

Besides some old(er) favorites, I've recently gotten into The Heavy. Yes, "How Do You Like Me Now" is waaay over used in ads, but it, and the rest of the album, "The House That Dirt Built," are awesome. Also loving Florence and The Machine. And even though they've been around quite some time, I've only recently discovered The Eels - good stuff.

@ Janus, I'm with you on most all of your list, especially David Bowie, old punk, and The Pogues!

When I am down or need some inspiration I love listening to Chris Tomlin, Selah, Celtic Woman, Hillsongs, and Rich Mullins. It amazes me that whatever walk of life we come from every person loves some sort of music.

I would love to contribute, but have no idea where to begin! At this particular moment, I am listening to Metallica (old, not new). But what I am in the mood for changes constantly. I will give Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm some respect!

Aaaaaaaaaargh been forced to listen to the X Factor!!!

Old Metallica rocks!!!

I have the radio on right now. Foo Fighters. Love me some Dave Grohl.

Got my fav AC/DC album on now,Powerage,has the tune Riff Raff on it,brilliant.

Dave Matthews Band is number 1 - Actually got to meet Dave last year before a concert!!!

Rush is another big one for me.

up to Dave Matthews Band

I was listening to Heart with the Wilson sisters. Love Crazy on You....

Rush is another big one for me.
:woot: Me too!

Gotta toss some Linkin Park into the mix. I have more respect after seeing them live a month ago. They were so much better then I expected, and better then their co-headliners Incubus. And I am a HUGE Incubus fan.

I bet you like Megadeath Cathy. My favorite album is Youthanasia. Dave Mustaine is so badass that Metallica kicked him out of the band for parting to much.

I had tickets to see Megadeth this summer, but had to miss it due to family issues. I will be missing the chance to see them again in a few months... Oh well. They were one of the first bands I ever saw live. It's funny how back then the show was in an arena, and now they are playing much smaller venues.

I would agree with you SeizetheNight,big arena bands playing smaller venues is fantastic.At least you can see them instead off a few dots on the stage from miles back.

lol,lol,lol,lol,he cant be that bad??

Back
Top Bottom