What are you listening to?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

There is not much about my issues that are "funny" but I could not help but laugh while reading that link. I have had several Physicians and a Nurse Practioner tell me that it is almost impossible give the location and type of injury I have to have seizures from sounds. I was pushed down a flight of stairs by accident when I was 21. Scar tissue has been found in my frontal lobe. While I "technically" don't have Epilepsy I do have problems with crazy mixed-up electrical patterns in my frontal lobe that effects my entire brain. One Physician still refuses to believe that sound caused the seizure that got me sent to the ER. I know this is not the right thread topic to say this, but I don't think the Medical Profession knows as much as they let on about this subject!

One Physician still refuses to believe that sound caused the seizure that got me sent to the ER. I know this is not the right thread topic to say this, but I don't think the Medical Profession knows as much as they let on about this subject!

The same could've been said about "Gamma Knife Surgery" about 7-9yrs ago.

When I brought up the procedure to my then neurologist, I was told things like it's not used for seizures. Or it wouldn't work, etc. But less than a year later my then PCP was telling me about how they saw my neurologist promoting the benefits of the procedure. :sneaky: Funny how things come around.

Enough of the doom and gloom, back to the tunes!!
____________________________________________________________-

Back
Top Bottom