What are you listening to?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

:) Nothing at all. (It's kind of a lame deaf joke, I couldn't resist posting on this thread, hope nobody minds)

A lot of people don't know that Beethoven wasn't actually DEAF, he was just incredibly hard of hearing. He had his pianos fitted with metal rods attached to their frames that would poke out so that he could lean his head onto them and listen to his own playing through bone induction. None of his pianos survived over time; but that's the historical fact of it. Myself, I can't even hear myself chewing ICE. I've no auditory ability whatsoever since my little brain started dissolving. It was actually the second symptom of my illness after my childhood epilepsy returned. Then the memory started to go, and I lost my career over it. Just gets worse from there, but I won't bore you. Anyway, yeah. Beethoven could hear. A LOT of people in the "Deaf Community" can actually hear with electronic help; they simply don't wear aids and "choose to identify as Deaf" for some stupid reason. Truth.
I call them "Capital D's" and stay away from them like lepers; they're horrid selfish people who do NOTHING to contribute to Society in general. I am deaf. NOT "Deaf". I even sell a line of clothing online, shirts and things, saying stuff like "DEAF AS A TURNIP" and etc. just to tick them off.
It works. :) Beautifully.

Back
Top Bottom