What are your everyday carry items?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
This one's of the beaten trail a bit but it's making me curious. We all carry a phone and wallet with us in our daily lives but does anyone carry anything else with them that might seem strange to others?

I always carry a backpack with me wherever I go unless I have a hockey jersey on (to avoid damaging the jersey). My backpack always has items in there that don't get removed unless I really need to or would otherwise get me in trouble - I can't bring my first aid kit through the airport because of the scissors in them, they are too good to surrender.

I generally carry in my bag 5 days worth of medication, a pen, a notepad, my work keys with a CPR mask attached, and a first aid kit. I alternate between 2 first aid kits depending on if it's a work day or weekend, my 1 pound one for workdays is only to provide minor assistance and my 3 pound one for weekends - it's designed to not just help me but others so it carries everything in it - snakebite bandages through to a sewing kit. I started doing this after coming across a car vs motorbike accident off duty one day and realised my old makeshift kit had been thrown out a month earlier so I could only provide triage and minor assistance until the ambulance arrived.

Both of my kits are generally tamper sealed to stop idiots from stealing out of them. I am in the process of buying a new backpack with a molle front to weave the kits through.

I also always carry a back pack as I walk everywhere so it’s handy and big enough to put everything I need in.

I recently got a new backpack because my old one was getting worn and this one isn’t quite as big (only has two compartments), my other bag had three.
In the front I have some material bags for when go to supermarket and a small fold up umbrella. In the main compartment I have my wallet, a bottle of water, usually can fit my lunch for work in there depending what it is. Then there is another compartment in there where I keep my house keys and works post office office key and a smaller coin bag for the bus and some Panadol and bandaids.
There are side pockets so I either stick my phone in one of the sides when I’m walking.

I forgot that I have a charger for my phone that I use at work & little earphones since i tend to listen to musinc alot when im walking home.
Think that's everything lol

Last edited:
This one's of the beaten trail a bit but it's making me curious. We all carry a phone and wallet with us in our daily lives but does anyone carry anything else with them that might seem strange to others?

I have a leather purse which I carry with me when going out for errands. Within this purse it has cell phone, wallet, and within the wallet there are the more important items of the VNS card and the DBS card along with my ID itself. I will admit I have not used a plastic bottle in my purse with medication because of the hours which I take it - every 12 hours. It is rare on the timing that I am needing to go out and run errands.

I always have my checkbook, a pen, and a notepad. I also have a small toiletry bag which holds bare necessitys. Rarely do I wear anything but if I am meeting someone and in need of a quick touch up for powder foundation, neutral eye shadow or lip color I have it.

Phone in my left rear jean pocket, wallet in my right rear pocket and my keys in front right pocket. I’m a jeans and T-shirt kinda girl and I like not having anything I got to carry around with me or possibly lose.

It’s funny that this topic has come up. I’ve bought several purses the last few years hoping I could get used to carrying one and I keep failing. I did buy a beautiful purse a few months back that I’m trying hard to force myself to use. The only additional thing I’d carry around would be a pen, lip balm, some papers and my iPad mini when I’d be gone for a long time. I’m doing ok using it but notice I only use it about 1/2 the time that I go anywhere, lol.

Old habits die hard. :p

If I'm just going for a walk: keys and sunglasses!

But most of the time I'm lugging around a Zen* courier bag with...
...meds, pens, lip balm, glasses, wallet, checkbook, hairbrush, earplugs, ibuprofen, kleenex, phone, mints, a shopping bag that you can roll up into a tiny ball, and a hip flask (for water, usually).

* "one with everything". :)

I always carry my ham radio with me along with my purse that has my wallet, radio antenna, cell phone, band aids, meds, and a change of socks and panties in case I get stuck at work and can't get home. I also carry a pens and tissues.

Sue

I'll have the usual things in my purse or on me - phone, wallet, check book, charge cards.... The purse is pretty small so I have to cram stuff into it.

The unusual things that most people have on them are my VNS magnet and a pen knife.

I think my handbag is pretty standard, it's got my purse, phone, battery pack, e-cigs (i quit smoking a couple years ago), some spare vaping juice. Two things i never go without though are my bus pass and a silicone sleeve for take-out coffee cups that a friend got me for christmas :D No more too-toasty hands for this Lou!

Oh and usually a couple of shopping bags, some mints, and a whole bunch of receipts/bus tickets scrunched up in there somewhere lol.

I probably should carry something to say i have epilepsy, but i have the ICE set up on my phone if anything happens while i'm out.

Oh and usually a couple of shopping bags, some mints, and a whole bunch of receipts/bus tickets scrunched up

I do that too :roflmao:, have he odd receipt from the shop in my back pack but usually when I get the bus to work i just throw the bus pass in my backpack or my pocket :rock:.

I probably should carry something to say i have epilepsy, but i have the ICE set up on my phone if anything happens while i'm out.
I have a card medic alert card which comes with my bracelet. It also comes with a small ice one you could put on your fridge in case am ambulance is called.
I have the medic alert card in my wallet and the one for the fridge is folded and put in the pocket of my mobile phone case.

Unless I'm going to a party, I like to carry a larger purse. I keep a lot of things in it, too. I always have my phone, wallet, & sunglasses (unless it's pouring). There are a few things I keep in there permanently--wipes, tissues, and 1 or 2 lipsticks are some of them. Other things include a pack or two of gum, at least a full days dose of meds and a granola bar. I usually go out with my mom, and she has health issues that affect her blood sugar & pressure, so keeping some snacks with me is important. I'm always wearing a medical id bracelet.

I got my new backpack today, a Carribee combat pack. Tad bigger than my old one but with some awesome features to it. I've lost my ability to carry a laptop (it has it's own backpack given the weight exceeds 5kg with charger and tools combined) but picked up the ability to convert it into a camelbak pack. I have my work first aid kit attached to the back, my knife holster ready to attach to the straps, and more pockets then I can work out what to do with them. I'm a huge fan of the ability to quick release the bag if I get snagged somewhere.

Took about 5 mins to swap everything across.

my backpack has a full first aid kit in it,

but me personally i feel naked with out a belt, my watch, my wallet, and my keys and or course my glassses. i can leave my phone and feel fine, and I can leave anything else and be ok, most other stuff it is kinda just as the day requires, like my camera or my computer,

Back
Top Bottom