What happened last night?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tase37

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
Our little girl bless her is already getting her first tooth and last night she had a lot of trouble sleeping, she became very upset and cryed alot.. her arms and legs started to jerk very strongly this came and went a few times, her eyes were normal and she took a dummy in her mouth.. so now I don't know was she just normally reacting to pain in her own way or was this some kind of seizure or what it was??
I don't dare to call the neurologist yet, I'm very sure he will start her on new meds and as I'm not sure I don't want to do that yet..what do you guys think? Am I just an over worried mother :) ?

Well, you

really need to call the neuro, even though you don't want to.

From the sounds of it, she had myoclonic jerks/seizures. Granted, it may have been because of the pain from the teething, but if she's going to have them in reaction to pain, then you're still going to have to talk to the neuro, as you never know when she'll have to react to pain..........

Have you considered trying neurofeedback, or one of the diets?

Jessie is just turning 3 months at the moment so she only has milk..but I have been looking in to the best kind of diet for her in the future..my fiance and I agreed that if this happens one more time then I will contact the neurologist about it..everything has been looking so good..I feel very upset at the moment..:(

I wish I could suffer for her..but unfortunately it's not possible :( my heart is aching at the moment and now I feel that she has to sleep by myside at nights just incase..

Back
Top Bottom