What is your favorite book?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

1984 by George Orwell, and Ray Bradbury novel Fahrenheit 451

Okay I am a voracious reader but my fav's include The Lord of the Rings / Tolkien, The Neverending story / Michael Ende, and a new fav Inkheart/Cornelia Funke. That and my "brain candy" is anything by Laurel K Hamilton

A couple of lighter readings:

The Mouse That Roared

Don Quioxte USA

More scary than the movies:

The Omen

Damien

Really good ones:

To Kill a Mockingbird

I Am Third (short, but terrific - related to the movie Brian's Song)

George Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm

Red October (haven't got to the rest of the series yet)

I can never get anyone to go to the movies with me. (Sniff. Sniff.) And that's one thing I don't like doing alone...because I like to talk about the movie afterwards. So, I'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD and chain my husband to his chair!!!

I can never get anyone to go to the movies with me. (Sniff. Sniff.) And that's one thing I don't like doing alone...because I like to talk about the movie afterwards. So, I'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD and chain my husband to his chair!!!

Our local theatre is doing a 3 month series of old movies on weekend afternoons. They started with 'Gone with the wind' and had 'The Wizard of Oz' this past weekend. That was very cool to see on the big screen. They are having 'Psycho' and 'Halloween' the next two weeks.

By Christmas, they will have 'Miracle on 34th Street', 'Its a Wonderful Life', and 'White Christmas'.

We are extremely lucky to have this beautiful theatre owned by a local corporation that is not worried about profits at the theatre. They operate it more as a benefit to our small community. Very unique little town.

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold..
Witch Child and Sorceress by Celia Reese
The Shining by Stephen King
and of course.. the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.. specifically New Moon.

I love fight club
Chuck Palahniuk's other books are pretty interesting to

Hello,
I enjoy Sue Grafton, T is for Trespass. She writes these book A-T with a character who's a private detective. The stories are humorous. Also Janet Evanovich is another author who writes in this style.

Morgan, Lovely Bones is wonderful. Have you read Alice Seabold's other 2 books: "Lucky" (which is a bit grim) and "The Almost Moon"?

At the moment i'm loving Terry Pratchetts "Unseen Academicals". I <3 the guy!

This is his newest book, so it's one i haven't actually read before!

My favorite books are
The Shack
Prodigal God
The House on Mango Street.

Last memroable book i read was by a swedish author and of course i forget his name,but its called Let the Right One In,theres a swedish film by the same name and i think Hollywood have done a remake called Let Me In.

Back
Top Bottom