What my 14 month old thinks of my seizures...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LJ-Bain

New
Reaction score
So here is another little example of my life with simple partials and raising children.
This morning after dropping off my eldest at school we came back home and we decided to play in the living room.
I felt my eyes starting to close and my head to nod off and I had to lie down on the carpet.
So there I am then, eyes afluttering, mouth slack and then my muscles tightening and twitching on the left side of my body.
My little 14 month old boy thinks awesome! Mommy is on the floor and playing a game again! He decides to crawl over my way, lift my shirt and give me zerberts on my belly.
No reaction from me (although inside I am mentally smiling despite it all).
He has a cold too and his nose is running so I feel him continue to give me boogery zerberts repeatedly and laugh and laugh and laugh.

My almost 3 yr old doesn't find it amusing though and is crying that her zhu zhu pet isn't working. But she sits beside me after the zerberts are done and covers me with a blanket.

Then my baby takes the glasses off my face and crawls away. Again, laughing.

Life is an adventure. Kids sure force you to NOT take things seriously.

Aww so sweet. Kids aren't fazed by things that would make the average adult recoil or freak out.

Back
Top Bottom