• Evening

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • During sleep

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Whenever the hell it feels like it

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
What time of day do you tend to find you have most of your seizures or are they at random times? I've noticed mine are more in the morning. Thanks

Last edited:
Morning, noon, night. No set time for me.

Im like Cint, I used to have them morning, afternoon or evening & sometimes in my sleep.

Mine happen anytime they want, 24 hours a day!

Mine tend to happen mainly in the evening-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use to have them morning, noon and night, until i started on Gabapentin. Since then i've basically have been having them in the mornings. 21 of my last 23 seizures have been in the morning. I don't take my morning pill till 1hr after i wake and during that one hr is when i've had the morning seizures, except for one, which happened in the morning, but before i woke up.

All an all, Gabapentin has given me some control over my seizures and i'm grateful for that, since before i would have them at anytime and mostly at the worst times to have them.

:piano: :pop

my seizures don't happen at any certain time, they just happen, and my sz's have always been like that.:twocents::e::agree:

Mine just happens whenever it feels like happening.A lot of them were in the morning. I don't think I have had any at night, but I've woken up with bitten tongue so I don't know.

Dan usually has his 'events' anywhere from 9:30pm to midnight. I am calling them 'events' because he is still in the discovery phase. I think they are seizures.

~Nancy~

Hmmm... interesting> Mine are almost always between noon and 6pm and have been as long as I can remember.

As a kid they seemed to have happened only at night.
But ever since I was diagnosed and everyone now knows what they look like, they happen whenever and however they want.

Almost always evening except for the other day when a random one decided to pop up while I was asleep at 6AM after an extremely long spell of nothing. Thanks I think in part to a lot of work related stress I've been dealing with I would wager. Sadly it puts me pack a few steps in my goals though :( It just grates on me and puts me in a generally foul mood to the chagrin of my family though and I hate that.

Last edited:
It's usually in the afternoon/evening. My girlfriend and I have them narrowed down to between 4-10pm.

Most of my seizures happen in the afternoon but sometimes I will also have them in the morning it all depends on the time of the yr. because I have more in the fall and winter compared to the spring and summer.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Mine happen any time they want. I've even had breakthrough seizures within hours of taking a dose of my medications!

My daughters have been afternoon and evening Tonic Clonics, but partials any time of day.

As of the past couple of years when I started keeping better track, it seems to be in the late afternoon/early evening, like between 4 and 7 or 8 pm.

Back
Top Bottom