What would a "normal" person do?

If given these 3 objects, how would you empty a full bath tub?

• a teaspoon

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • a tea cup

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • a bucket

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • all of them

Votes: 40 42.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

what is the tub full of I would ask, then I would argue the logic of what is full. What is it we empty? Do empty the water if that is what is in it, or do we simply empty the three tools from the bath tub.

Or do we empty the air out of the tub, therefor filling it with the liquid, jello, or whatever it is that's in there?

pulling the plug is logical but it sounds so dramatic, it sounds like its the end of it all. I would want to savor/embrace the moment, make it last as long as possible, so Id use all three. Thats my half empty, half full glass over there. Thinking 2 hard, huh!

Some people might have those old fashion tubs where you have to put the water in then take it back out. hahaha! But I wouldn't have mine plugged because I take showers!

A bucket at first but I get tired easily so I would give up on it after a while and go for the lighter teacup. Might take longer but at least I wouldn't be in too much pain. (fibromyalgia)

In sequence:

Bucket

Teacup

teaspoon.

Rationale:

a bathtub is curved and dips at the drain where the plug is installed (and ideally can be pulled to drain the tub) supposing that the plug is not an option the goal would be first to remove the largest amount of water per action of removal possible, for this i would use the bucket. As I begin to near the point where the curvature of the bucket is no longer optimal for the scooping of fluid, i would switch to the teacup which has a smaller diameter and can therefore function more effectively as a scoop, as the situation approaches the previous problem I would again switch to the teaspoon.

but ideally I would prefer either that the plug be working , the bathtub easy to tip or that I have a length of hose sufficient for creating a siphon.

do you suppose there is a way to do it with a capillary system?

oh I KNOW!!! ...two words... "Water Ladder" :D

wait...am I allowed to convert the water to Hydrogen and Oxygen?

Last edited:
I picked the Bucket, Tea Cup and Teaspoon which I could then use to have some fun play time with my 2 year old Granddaughter! In the process, I would forget about emptying the tub, thus upsetting my wife who would then pull the drain plug in frustration and finishing the job for me!

Seriously, this is exactly how it would go down if my wife didn't watch me! She'll back this claim up too! :D

Last edited:
I'd say use the bucket, but think - where's the water going to go ? Pull the drain and forget the other stuff!

EVERYONE is "normal". We just each have our own definition of what that is!
:)

Ah stuff it get next person deal with that having a bath .i have tin bath in garden and have used all those thing for the soil in bath.

Back
Top Bottom