What would a "normal" person do?

If given these 3 objects, how would you empty a full bath tub?

• a teaspoon

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • a tea cup

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • a bucket

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • all of them

Votes: 40 42.1%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
You are put in front of a full bath tub. You are given 3 objects and told to empty the tub. What would be the most logical to empty the tub?

DO NOT READ THE OTHER ANSWERS BEFORE YOU PICK!

please post why you think this is the best option

Last edited:
depends on how empty you want the tub.
a bucket will leave some

Well, frankly

I can't STAND leaving water in the bathtub.....especially the one upstairs. So, I would HAVE to use all three of them in order to get as much as I possibly could out......

I would pull the drain plug. :)

:ponder:A bucket would remove the most, but surely you would just remove the plug?!:ponder:

First hte bucket, then the cup, then the tea-spoon if ALL water has to go lol.

VERY GOOD NAKAMOVA!!!!

WOOT! yes, the correct answer would be a normal person would pull the plug.

I would also take, using the teaspoon to pop the plug out!

:woot:

OK - I made it too complicated. Use the bucket first, then the cup when the water got low, then the teaspoon to get the last of it.

Maybe I should just put the bucket over my head, :paperbag:
Use the cup for my coffee, :cheers:
And use the spoon to dig myself out of this hole. :gnite:

Pull the plug??? Duh me!

When I asked my friends this question, one of them asked how big the tub was, how much it held, how much the bucket held, the cup and teaspoon. The actually calculated how many buckets you could fill versus the height of the bucket, and the angle it will fill at once the water line is lower etc etc and figure it out as a mathematical question. So you didn't complicate things too much buckeye.

My other friend asked how strong the bucket was and what it was made of, so he could smash the side of the tub open and tilt it!!! There comes a point where thinking outside the box is just silly.

Now, see

if pulling the plug were an option, I would have just done that.......Rae, your friends are a little, um, different?? I would not have thought to turn it into a MATH problem, for Pete's sake........LOL:bigmouth:

Define a "normal" person. :ponder:

Is anyone really "normal"?

lol. Yeah well I meant "What would someone normallly do?"

I totally didn't think of pulling the plug :lol: Now I feel silly!

I was thinking about the time I had to drain the water from the broken dishwasher, and what I used then -- progressively smaller and smaller bailing utensils.

Renting a portable water suction device. Just like me to never simplify! I'm sure this is the wrong answer. But inventive?

Last edited:
Briefly. I'm not hijacking this thread.
Cint said:
Define a "normal" person
A person who never strays from vanilla ice cream, missing out on Rocky Road.

Back
Top Bottom