[Info] Wheat: The UNhealthy whole grain.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Great post......I think wheat makes up way more than 20% of the human diet.......at least it used to for me.

No Wheat
No Diary
No Soy
No Corn
No Grain
No Sugar
No Starch

No problem :)

I can’t take what Dr. Davis says because he does not cite or give proof for any of his claims about Sodium Azide. When I googled Sodium Azide and wheat the only results I got were Dr. Davis’s sites, people citing Dr. Davis or people reviewing his books. I’d like some indication that he did not make that up. On top of it, Sodium Azide is a pesticide and I don’t see how a pesticide (not herbicide as he claims) can be used to perform “provisional plant breeding techniques”. For that matter, I couldn’t even find references to Sodium Azide being used on wheat or cereals.
When I googled “Sodium Azide, Wheat” the only results I got were books, interviews & ads for William Davis or just other people citing him. There was no other reference to it being used at all in conjunction with wheat.

In the 2nd part he made a lot of comments that might be true but that were obviously made to scare people like the one about how our body has developed wheat germ & gluten anti-bodies. These are developed when people develop celiac disease yet he omitted that little detail and implied we all have them.

He makes many claims about the glycemic index of various foods but to look up those numbers you will see that they are very acceptable & not very high. He claims low glycemic index to be medium & medium to be high- That is not true. He also says whole wheat bread is higher than white bread, that is also not true.
Actually, mangos & apricots are about the same glycemic index as breads and Raisins, pineapple & watermelon are just below the breads he discussed yet pasta (which he said was very high) was very low.
http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/glycemicfoodchart.htm
He claimed high blood sugar can cause cancer & there was a study but it did not prove that the 2 were related
The study doesn't prove that high blood sugar levels cause cancer or that normal blood sugar levels prevent it.
Doctors often can't explain exactly why one person develops cancer and another doesn't. A complex mix of genetic and lifestyle factors may affect cancer risk.
Also, the study didn't track all possible cancer influences. For instance, researchers didn't know the participants' diet, exercise habits, or family history of cancer.
They also didn't check participants' blood sugar over time
http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20070227/high-blood-sugar-linked-cancer-risk

He also claims the CDC unreleased stats show a vertical climb of diabetes and that show everyone would have diabetes. First, how does he know if this is unreleased? He made no reference to how he got this info. As of 2 years ago the CDC predicted that 1 in 3 people would have diabetes by 2050. 2 years is not long enough for such a drastic change.
As many as 1 in 3 U.S. adults could have diabetes by 2050 if current trends continue, according to a new analysis from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
One in 10 U.S. adults has diabetes now. The prevalence is expected to rise sharply over the next 40 years due to an aging population more likely to develop type 2 diabetes, increases in minority groups that are at high risk for type 2 diabetes, and people with diabetes living longer, according to CDC projections published in the journal Population Health Metrics.
Because the study factored in aging, minority populations and lifespan, the projections are higher than previous estimates.The report predicts that the number of new diabetes cases each year will increase from 8 per 1,000 people in 2008, to 15 per 1,000 in 2050.
http://www.cdc.gov/media/pressrel/2010/r101022.

That is still a big increase but it is not the exaggerated amount stated in his misinformation. Even in their research as to why, wheat is not even in the equation.

Overall, he told so many untruths in less than 40 minutes and offered no sources or citations to back his claims that I can’t help but see this guy as anything but just trying to scare students & whoever he can with misinformation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom