Who's Got Glasses?

Who here

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

both..

I've got both. And I'm lucky enough that both my eyes require the same strength of correction.

We need another option, that of "Other". :roflmao:

In the last year my eyesight has gone down hill.

But I haven't had them checked.

I know I need glasses but haven't gotten them yet. :p

Nevermind, just saw the neeeds glasses option...couldnt see it before.. Ha ha ha.

i usually wear contacts. i used to have purple ones, but then my brother told me i looked possessed, and well, with Epilepsy, Social and General Anxiety disorders and ADHD, well i stick out enough as it is. lol so i got green, a more normal color

so just because people in general cant deal with your epilepsy you bow down i'm sorry be different my work collegues dont know what to do they always make jokes, i bet you looked stunning with purple contacts i have green eyes natrually i wanted to try the red ones so sod what every one thinks darling you are different that is what makes you unique xx

so just because people in general cant deal with your epilepsy you bow down i'm sorry be different my work collegues dont know what to do they always make jokes, i bet you looked stunning with purple contacts i have green eyes natrually i wanted to try the red ones so sod what every one thinks darling you are different that is what makes you unique xx

i did look possessed lol. i love the green though, i love green eyes (my real color is dark brown) and i always wanted green

yeah I have eyes that are almost 2 differenet colours. one dark brown, and one dark green. so i usually wear a brown contact in my left eye if im not wearing my glasses. evens things out a bit

Same here for wanting green eyes! I have brown eyes and I always wondered if the coloured contacts would show up on such a dark colour.

Some photosensitive people help control their seizures with blue or yellow tinted glasses. I can't help but wonder if certain contacts can have a similar effect.

I am extremely nearsighted and sensitive to lights. Too much lights gives me m migraines. I wear prescription sunglasses and sometimes I wear my contacts.

I was recently prescribed glasses for short-sightedness and actually thought I didn't need them. Imagine my surprise when I realised how badly I did! I only wear them when I am reading and on the computer (they have a tint to them so it helps with the glare from the screen).

Glasses

Well, I used to wear contacts (probably out of vanity) but in my ripe old age of 49 I've gone to glasses, and as I was as a kid I'm pretty rough on them!

Neil:twocents:

I know what you mean, maybe I should opt for the lasik, I don't want anything in my eyes I love the name seizing beauty!

Both of us wear them. I have to wear mine all the time. I can't get contacts because I'm on a waiver since I fly for my job and I had eye surgery when I was a teenager. Not actually flying the plane though.

I wear glasses I have since I was 3 years old
I have had 3 surgeries on my eyes because I have weak eye muscles

I've had to wear glasses since the first day I switched a damn computer on at school

Still, on the bright side it means I can 'style' my face :tup:

Since tri-focals make me puke and are a seizure trigger, I have THREE different pairs of glasses. (And back-ups of each since I always forget where I put them!) I have reading, computer and long distance glasses. The folks at Lens Crafters love me!j

I wear glasses to see long distance but have to get them replaces wtih prismatic lenses now because of my double vision...bleh.

I've had glasses for years now. I would always break them during seizures so the last pair I got, I got the kind that I think you could tie them in a knot and they wouldn't break.

Back
Top Bottom