Why do I call myself that?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Elucidator

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a newbie. I call myself Elucidator because I help make things clear for other people to see! When I had serious problems years ago, the humor and information from a group such as this got me through it. It's great to be able to poke fun at yourself when you are with other people who "get it!"

I am trying to find a group to help my neighbor's son. He has LGI-1 autoimmune epilepsy. Is there a particular thread within this group, or a subgroup, or some other group that would be specific to his type of epilepsy? He's an adult, married, kid, dog, job, etc. and I'm just trying to help him out. Appreciate any info!

Hey Elucidator, welcome to CWE!

As far as I know, we don't have a particular subgroup or thread for LG-1 autoimmune epilepsy. Your neighbor's son might be able to find specific support here:

Of course he is definitely welcome to join us here! CWE members "get it" about seizures and the challenges they present, and are great advocates and supporters.

Cheers,
Nakamova

Hi Elucidator,

Welcome to the forum! I like your name and if you want to find more detail out about it when you are online again
go to Behind the name and type it in to see if it comes up and if it does it will tell you the definition of your name along
with the history of the name.

LGI-1 autoimmune epilepsy is often caused by a brain tumor, other types of cancer, lupus, or thyroid problems
it is also genetic. One thing that may help is taking zinc 50 mg. twice a day along with vitamins. A lot of it also
depends on what a person eats. The person has to cut back on the junk food and eat healthy balanced meals
and stay away from diet soda or anything with nutra sweet (aspartame) in it because that will cause the neurons
in the brain to fire up and it can sometimes trigger seizures. Also tell your friend to try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg.
once a day because the B12 will calm the nerves.

I wish you and your friend only the Best and May God Bless the Both of You,

Sue

Welcome, Elucidator, I hope that you find some help here. I know that I have, as have MANY others. They're a GREAT Group. And yes, have your friend join us! Betting he'll be glad that he did. :)

Hi Elucidator, it's nice to meet you!

This is a great website. I had been on some others before I'd found CWE but they were practically no help. You can't believe how much help and info I've gotten here! I hope you find it too!

Hey Elucidator, welcome to CWE!

As far as I know, we don't have a particular subgroup or thread for LG-1 autoimmune epilepsy. Your neighbor's son might be able to find specific support here:

Of course he is definitely welcome to join us here! CWE members "get it" about seizures and the challenges they present, and are great advocates and supporters.

Cheers,
Nakamova
Thank you Nakamova, I will definitely share that with her!

Hi Elucidator,

Welcome to the forum! I like your name and if you want to find more detail out about it when you are online again
go to Behind the name and type it in to see if it comes up and if it does it will tell you the definition of your name along
with the history of the name.

LGI-1 autoimmune epilepsy is often caused by a brain tumor, other types of cancer, lupus, or thyroid problems
it is also genetic. One thing that may help is taking zinc 50 mg. twice a day along with vitamins. A lot of it also
depends on what a person eats. The person has to cut back on the junk food and eat healthy balanced meals
and stay away from diet soda or anything with nutra sweet (aspartame) in it because that will cause the neurons
in the brain to fire up and it can sometimes trigger seizures. Also tell your friend to try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg.
once a day because the B12 will calm the nerves.

I wish you and your friend only the Best and May God Bless the Both of You,

Sue
Many thanks Sue! That's interesting information. My dad takes lots of B12 for his neuropathy.

Welcome, Elucidator, I hope that you find some help here. I know that I have, as have MANY others. They're a GREAT Group. And yes, have your friend join us! Betting he'll be glad that he did. :)
Thanks Plasticmask! It's been a long time since I've been on a forum such as this, but believe me, I wouldn't have made it thru major surgery without the support of people across the country. These forums are awesome! And everyone who keeps contributing long after their need for the group support diminishes are truly angels - the "veterans" of the group!

Back
Top Bottom