Why it's best to have Epilepsy...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Loudmouth

New
Reaction score
Having Epilepsy significantly reduces your carbon footprint....
You dont drive,so less carbon emmissions as we use public transport.
Having Epilepsy Entitles you to see young gorgeous doctors on a fairly regular basis.
Having Epilepsy means not having to worry about the price of fuel.
:banana::woot::banana::woot::banana::woot::banana:

Where exactly are these georgeous young doctors you speak of? All the ones I've seen are old and have hair growing out of their noses or ears...seriously (with the exception of the female neuro I saw for a while) :) :p

also...
if you do or say something stupid, you can always blame it on the meds...I have to do this a lot ;)
I can impress my friends with my seemingly infinite knowledge on the condition
If you don't feel good, you can get out of those annoying things you don't want to do and ask someone else to do them for you.

it's the best way i have found to get my husband to get rid of a video game of his that i don't like. i sit and watch it for a short time then suddenly say, "i don't feel well, i think it's the game." (granted this only works because two of his games have caused me to have seizes when i was playing them, so i don't play any more, just watch from a distance.)

A great positive for me is that I am never the designated driver when I go out for a drink with my friends, that one works for me :eek:)

Downside - now mixing meds so I might not drink when I go out in future.

It caused me to view medicine in a whole new way.
I no longer see this and other disorders as a life curse. I see many as a wake up call that says something is not right with the system, and it had better be taken care of, if possible. I understand pharmaceuticals much better now. I have learned more about what causes neurological issues and how many can be cured. I wish I had known this when my father was diagnosed with Parkinson's.

it has shown me time and time again who my true friends are and who is not.
e.i. true friends hold your hand in the ambulance
those who are not walk away in embaressment before the croud gathers

I can dress as strangely as I like and just put it down to a seizure if I look awful.
I get out of doing the ironong!!!
I get to nap in the day (after a szs) and no-one moans.
:banana:

Where exactly are these georgeous young doctors you speak of? All the ones I've seen are old and have hair growing out of their noses or ears...seriously (with the exception of the female neuro I saw for a while) :)

Never had a female Neurologist, and as far as the male
Neurologists - I'd like to know where the gorgeous ones
are too? Are they anything like a hunk? Most of the ones
I have are either TALL and HUGE
(take that as in a basketball player) or short and tiny.

also...
if you do or say something stupid, you can always blame it on the meds...I have to do this a lot

:ponder:

I never thought about blaming it on my meds,
I usually blame it on my seizures, because it's
usually my seizures that caused it.

But I HAVE done stupid things and have said
some stupid stuff - so that's a good excuse
there! hahahahahahaha!

Thanks Pal! I'll remember this one!

:D

I thank God everyday for giving me this illness. Though I have had it most of my life, I think it has given me a heart of gold. When I play sports ( especially beach tennis) I play as if there is no tomorrow, and I love it. I don't fear terrorist attacks, and can't comprehend the high gas prices. Maybe it is delusions of grandier that I suffer, but my epilepsy has somehow given me the strength to try to change the world. ( I honestly can't wait until that happens, I could use the break)

Friiends who stay with you after a bad seizure and during.

Today I had a bad seizure again.
I tried to get out out of the crowd and to the bathroom.
But I didn't make it before I went down.
Two women who know the crowds bring on my seizures and one man where there when it started.:e:
They kept me from hitting my head worse than I did and my back.
They where friends who were caring who stayed with me.:twocents::ponder:
I never thought of it before but almost every time this happens at the hall there is someone who stays with me till I go back to my seat or go home like I did today.:brain:
I went home and took 2 painpills and slept fr like 4 hours.

Belinda:agree::woot::rock:

True friends

:agree:

I agree that medical issues show who your real friends can be. Those that hang with us during our tough times are the ones we should seek out in the good times as well. They are great!

it has shown me time and time again who my true friends are and who is not.
e.i. true friends hold your hand in the ambulance
those who are not walk away in embaressment before the croud gathers

Thank you --- thank you very much. That's so nice it made me cry.... a "nice" cry. :)

you can get out of class or work every time a lightbulb needs replaced.

Hospital staff treats you nicely because they know you'll be back there soon.

You can sometimes erase bad memories forever without even trying to.

You get a larger percentage of assets in relatives will's because you need the money more than anyone else does.

You have an excuse not to do heavy excercise, or even do yardwork and housecleaning.

You have an excuse to cover your ice cream with whipped cream

You don't have to pay for cable because you spend so much time in the doctor's waiting room watching it for free.

If your best friend's favorite movie is horrible you can get it turned off by saying "this movie is giving me a headache"

People are less likely to question you for just "not feeling like" attending an event

Last edited:
Really , am i missing out ? WHERE ARE THE GORGEOUS NEUROS? ( though i do have a gorgeous girlfriend , she's not a neuro (thank god)) . I find most neuros to look like indian versions of danny devito here. Also from plenty of experience working with them, i can truly say the nurse fetish some people have is WAAAAAAYYYYY overrated.
As for gas prices , how do you think your meds get to the pharmacy ? Unless your pharmacist brews depakote illegally in his basement , higher gas prices means higher med prices.
BUt i do get to sleep in and blame it on the meds !

I switched to a new therapist because the psychologist had insane waiting times (4+ hours) and even if you never ended up seeing him and just had a secretary? ask you a few questions instead because he was so backed up, he'd still bill the visit - $400 prior to any insurance paying.

At first things weren't bad when I went in for my appointment, but this one woman's cell phone kept going off and she had a ringtonw that was triggering loud hiccups in me (I was fine with the other person's cellphone ringing). Once that happened about four times,any sudden noise began bringing on the hiccup, including opening and closing doors. Luckily they weren't the ones that were so loud it sounds as if i'm screaming. of course everyone's giving me dirty looks - no one said anything though so i didn't launch into a lecture about myoclonic reflex seizures, though I probably would have if I hadn't been tired at the time.

Once I realized that my threshold had been lowered so much that the loud hiccups wouldn't stop as long as I was with all that noise, I told the secretary I wanted to wait in the hall because the noise was causing seizures.

Well, now for my next appointment I get to come in before his normally scheduled hours so I don't have to deal with the noise. And thats good because it means I can't be trapped in by a backlog. looks like I might get this "special" treatment again in the future.

Of course, its probably in part because he's worried that I'll fall down and convulse, scaring off his other patients. But he seemed to be pretty well informed about seizures, their causes, symptoms and misdiagnosis as psychiatric illness

Last edited:
Dr Arvind

I LOVE your comeback about the nurse fetish and the Danny Devito look-alikes.....:roflmao::roflmao::bigsmile:

The good looking neuros are in FL! I've had a couple that are easy on the eyes.

I have a hot neuro...think Cary Grant (in his late 40s minus the charming accent). I never mind seeing him, but with my short term memory problem, I keep forgetting how hot he is until I see him!:woot:

I've never been very graceful but since the epilepsy it's even worse. I have customers and employees that always seem to get clumsy around me even when just long enough to grab a water and go. I always laugh and tell them they better watch out because I may rub my seizures off them, too. We always have a good laugh. My neuro is about 90 and about to retire. He's probably too old for my grandma.

Back
Top Bottom