Woah! Can't do that anymore...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

resaebiunne

Stalwart
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been out to the beer and really drank. I used to go every couple days and I would have 3 beers each time. I would regularly go to a beer bar called "World of Beer" and I've been trying to get points so I can get my name put up on a wall (I know, I'm lame, lol).

Anyway, I figured it was harmless. It's not like I don't drink on my medications. I've had rum and cokes, beers, margaritas. I've mixed alcohol and my current meds plenty of times.

Today I went out for lunch in downtown Orlando (despite the rain). The Lake Eola fountain was beautiful as always! Lake Eola

I had a Buffalo Chicken Sandwhich and 3 beers, all stouts, one of which was a very creamy nitro beer with a peanut buttery taste. Very tasty.

Anyway, point being, I nearly didn't make the ride home without exploding, both #1 and #2. On top of that, I fell asleep for the rest of the day, so it's now 11PM and I'm wide awake. Oh, and I have a headache.

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. :ponder:

Well, I don't have issues with meds and seizures (knock on wood?), but I can tell you that age makes a big difference in how the body handles alcohol. When I was really young (teen), I could drink 3 beers and be super drunk, sleep just fine that night and wake up the next day without any issue. When I was young (20s), I could drink 3 beers and be mildly buzzed, sleep just fine and maybe have a tinge of a headache or foggy head the next morning. Today (let's just say the 20s are an old memory), if I drank three beers, I'd be drunk, would not sleep well (dehydration + getting up to relieve bladder + not able to fall back asleep) and I'd feel ~60-70% the next morning - worthless for any heavy mental activity. As inscribed on the temple of Apollo at Delphi: "Know thyself". :)

I think it's the amantadine, because that's the most recent new drug that was added to my regimine and I haven't drank particularly heavy since I've been on it.

Yesterday was a complete knock out. I managed to sleep okay last night, but not well. Who would expect to sleep well after they slept all day though?

Hi Res,

You are bringing back a lot of memories to when I was in my 20's I would pay $7.00 for the night and have all the drinks I wanted or beer most of the time I stuck to rum and coke and it never bothered me at all. Now just down the road from my house is a place called "Ithaca Beer" where they make 23 different flavors of beer and you can watch them make the beer. My husband likes avacoto wheat beer but it's to strong for me. I could never drink like I did in my 20's (30 yrs. ago). I would be out of it today if I did.
Sorry to hear you are getting the storms just be sure you are stocked up on water and extra supplies. Wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom