Wonderful day!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lindy

Vitamin Guru
Reaction score
Just came back in from my first ride of the year. Dylan, my horse, was glad to be getting back to work and didn't give me much trouble at all. His only "request" was to get out of the ring and to go for a trail ride (he hates the ring). Well, the roads are very muddy and rutted so there was no way to hit the trail but, after some work in the ring, we did go out to ride around the pond, the backyard and up and down the driveway. Riding is so good for me and makes me so happy! About ten years ago, while I was still taking drugs and having horrendous grand mals all of the time, my internist told me to stop riding and to sell my horse (had Katie Rose, my mare, at that point and she really was a handful). Fortunately, my neuro also rides - I see him at several hunts a year when the club I ride with rides with his club - and he told my internist that stress was so bad for me and that my horse was the greatest stress reliever I have. He was so right. I have never had a seizure on horseback and the time that I spend with Dylan means so much to me. I'm grateful to have a husband who may not be interested in horses but who puts up with my love for my beast. It was my husband who originally had the idea to sell our old house and to buy a place where I could keep a horse at home. I enjoy Dylan year round but there is nothing like that first ride of the year! Now, if my hips would only decide to stop aching...

Hey Lindy, that's great! My sister-in-law has several horses too. They are not my thing, but I know that horse lovers get very attached to their equine friends.

Your husband sounds like a good man. Cheers. :D

Back
Top Bottom