Woohoo!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

resaebiunne

Stalwart
Reaction score
I got approved to get my drivers license renewed!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

If you live in Orlando, FL watch out! There's gonna be a crazy guy on the road, lol.

But seriously, I don't have a car and I need a job to buy one, heh. That'll change soon enough.

Congrats! Now you have to start prepping for your license photo. :)
(I'm stuck with the world's worst for another two years).

Congrats Resae

Now you have to start prepping for your license photo. :)
(I'm stuck with the world's worst for another two years).
Nak, Ive never had my licence but don't the licence pics often look bad lol.

They dont like you smiling or something, you almost look like a police photo lol

Last edited:
Congratulations on (re)gaining your independence!

CQ, last time I had to get a new picture taken, they (Texas) made me take my glasses off, which makes no sense, if you ask me :rolleyes:

Weird, now that you mention it, I don't have my glasses on in my Texas drivers license either! I wonder if I was wearing contacts at the time...

Yes, I am very excited. I am still in Peru for another 13 days, but I hope to get my license ASAP once I'm back in the states. I'll probably have to take a driving test, which will be interesting, because I'm not sure how I'm supposed to practice without a license. I guess I'll call the DMV when I get back home and ask some questions first.

This is a HUGE relief though... I can finally not worry about my commute to work! This will make things a whole lot easier. :)

Do they get you to take of your glasses because the light reflects on the lenses

They make you take your glasses off because they are implementing facial recognition technology as part of the "Universal ID" system.

Great news, just picked up my license today. It was a crazy hassle. Couldn't pass the eye test at the DMV so had to go to the eye doctor. Then the eye doctor filled out the form wrong saying my prescription changed so it said I needed new glasses when I didn't so the DMV refused the form. Fortunately I could just have them fax over a corrected form. Of course, this wasn't without the DMV having me retry the eye test. Well my eyes are crossed still somewhat from a lazy eye, so I don't have proper vision and I can't use those machines! The whole reason I went to the eye doctor was to get the form... Grrr. Anyway, getting past that, next they asked two questions: 1. Have you been diagnosed with a mental condition in the last two years. 2. Do you have a seizure disorder? Yes to both, lol. ugh

I honestly don't understand the first question, nor did I even know they asked it. The clerk told me to wait, and as I was sitting, walked up to me and asked "have you been declared mentally incompetent by a court" which really strikes me but I guess that's what they're after. Makes me wonder though, how would I have gotten to the DMV if I were unstable...

But, I walked out with my license! They really had me riled up.

Congrats!

P.S. My parents have similar stories about the DMV and their eyesight/eye docs. At least they didn't have to wait in line again on successive trips to the DMV.

Back
Top Bottom