worst possible place to have a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I actually had a seizure while visiting my papa in the hospital they were nice enough to wheel him down to me in the er, he thought I wanted a matching bed lol
My "fav" places seem to be stairs or escalators. Best being the time they had to cut my hair out of the escalator steps

*shaking head* REALLY?!?!?!
you poor thing that would be hell! i imagine people were staring and they had to stop the escalator, etc. ?

..Best being the time they had to cut my hair out of the escalator steps

egad I can imagine that scene
it's scary for me to consider having them in public
I have irrational persistent persecutorial fear of people abusing me somehow

considering hair cutting abuse it's not too unrational or unfounded

have one in public and we could come to to any number of things

Worst ones I can remember... first day of college class which was my 21st birthday, 5 minutes in. Driving home had a accident 2 houses down (no one was in the parked car I promise thank god). Annnd in the hottub by myself. My mother had a weird feeling and came out with me foating face down on top of the water, I don' t know how i didn't have water in my lungs. But ya, just my 2 cents :)

in the hottub by myself. My mother had a weird feeling and came out with me floating face down on top of the water, I don' t know how i didn't have water in my lungs. But ya, just my 2 cents :)
Ryan - you are definately lucky that your mum found you in time.
Having a seizure in water would be the scariest one for me.

I once had a partial seizure while having a bath at my parents place, my Dad was away so it was just my Mum & I at home.
I was just about to dunk my head under water so i could wash it when I felt the aura so quickly sat up straight & sat there until I knew the seizure had finished.

My parents eldest dog often usually follow me into the bathroom when I take a shower or bath & sits nearby until I come out. The day I had this seizure the dog was sitting near the bath, I noticed when I 1st felt the aura & sat up the dog had walked of & went out of the bathroom (the bathroom door was ajar so the dog could let herself in & out). I didn't remember anything after that until I came to. When I came out of the seizure the dog was back in the bathroom sitting standing near the tub.

It probably sounds crazy but we think maybe the dog had gone of to look for my Mum to let her know something was wrong.

Last edited:
*shaking head* REALLY?!?!?!
you poor thing that would be hell! i imagine people were staring and they had to stop the escalator, etc. ?

I don't usually remember waking up from my T/C's but I remember that one LOL, the guy was a huge grizzly of a man holding a pair of really old huge metal scissors with the black painted handles. He was less than a foot from my face. I freaked right out and the only thing that kept me from running round like a crazy lady was the fact that my hair was in the escalator. I was soo upset at the time cuz it had been down to mid back and they had to cut it to above my shoulder to get me out :paperbag:

A night club dance floor. (Dude what's the name of the crazy new dance?)
A church (Praise the lord, he's been touched by an angel)
The Titanic (Any questions?)
The Titanic II (we'll soon find out why)
A commercial fishing boat. (catch of the day)
Swimming (chum the water)
The Movies ($22.50 please., $22.50 please!!, Crowd behind you: $22.50 PLEASE!!!)
The Dentist chair. (Tell me if you feel any pain.)

Dear god. The image of having a tonic-clonic while being drilled on at the dentist ...*shudder*

I would worry more if i was the dentist,all those fingers in your mouth.

But my least favourite place to have a seizure is EARTH!!! It really makes no difference,where.:)

woke up in the hospital with a tracheotomy so i couldnt talk. first thing i saw was john bon jovi in tight leather pants. must say the scariest and best way to wake up.

I'd say the worst place is on my bike. Yes I kid you not I had one while riding my bike outside my neighbours house. Though why it felt I should have one on my bike ai'll never know. Nasty epilepsy.

Back
Top Bottom