Wylie's Angel

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dutch mom

Ketogenic Smile
Reaction score
Oh my... my heart goes out to this little boy.
What a devestating way to go, his grandmother being his angel of death after being abandoned by his mother before.
How could she do this, in that way, like her grandson was just gagbage?! How could she do this to him?
No one deserves to go this way, certainly not a pure and innocent special needs child like this.
Dear little Gerren, may you rest in peace.

'Wylie's Angel' abandoned three days prior to discovery
by MEAGAN HARRIS
WFAA-TV
Posted on April 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Updated Monday, Apr 26 at 11:51 PM

WYLIE — An arrest warrant affidavit released Monday revealed that six-year-old Gerren Isgrigg was abandoned three days before his body was found in a park near Lavon Lake.
According to the affidavit, Isgrigg's grandmother, 63-year-old Darlene Phillips, said she left the boy with a note stating, "I'm 6, I have seizures, I need medication and a feeding tube [sic]." Investigators never found that note.
Philips told investigators that she had "removed the feeding tube from the child prior to taking him to the park area." According to the family, Isgrigg was alive when she left.
Isgrigg suffered from West Syndrome, a rare epileptic disorder. The little boy was also deaf, blind and did not have control of his limbs. His body was found in a pile of brush and had been covered with a blanket. According to the affidavit, the child's body was not visible from the road.
It took days for the boy to be identified.
Gerren's mother, Nyki Phillips, had apparently left the boy with her parents three years ago. Darlene Phillips is now in the Collin County Jail facing murder charges. She made a brief court appearance on Monday.
The dead child's father, Jerry Isgrigg, is a Marine and is stationed in California. He and Nyki Phillips divorced in 2006.
Jerry Isgrigg plans to travel to Texas this week to claim his son's body.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Wylies-Angel-Abandoned-Three-Days-Prior-to-Discovery-92112514.html

Dad of 'Wylie's Angel' speaks out
by MONIKA DIAZ
WFAA
Posted on April 30, 2010 at 6:41 PM
Updated yesterday at 11:09 PM

WYLIE - While police say a grandmother abandoned her six-year-old grandson known as "Wylie's Angel" on April 15 near Lake Lavon, the boy's father had no idea what was going on.
Staff Sgt. Jerry Isgrigg was away in California, serving in the military. Friday, he was in North Texas working on services for his son.

Isgrigg said he knew his son's life would be short, but he never thought Gerren's life would end the way it did in a field near Lake Lavon.

"I haven't broke down, and it's going to come and it's going to come like a flood," he said. "Obviously, the anguish, the sorrow, the
anger."

For Isgrigg, a Marine, the toughest moment was seeing his son at the Medical Examiner's Office.

"It was the hardest thing I ever had to do," he said.

It was the first time he had seen him in three years.

"I pulled on his hand as tiny as it was," Isgrigg said. "It's the last time I will hold his hand. I gave him a kiss goodbye."

Isgrigg's former mother-in-law, Darlene Phillips, is behind bars and faces murder charges. He said when he met Phillips the first time, she spoiled her grandson. He said he now wants to know what happened.

"If anybody says, 'Hey, we just can't deal with this anymore,' anybody could have called," Isgrigg said.

While he was left with more questions than answers, he said he has found comfort and support in the town that has embraced his son.

"What do you say to a town that put its heart and soul into a child, a total stranger," Isgrigg said. "I now consider Wylie my home."
There will be a memorial service for Wylie's Angel at 7 p.m. Monday at the First Baptist Church of Wylie. Gerren is expected to buried in Arizona.
Phillips is jailed on a murder charge. Documents say she hid the child under a blanket with a note about his condition three days before a mowing crew found his body.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Dad-of-Wylies-Angel-speaks-out-92554084.html

Last edited:
I'm sooooooo

sorry for this little boy. His grandmother is obviously not all together. How someone could even DREAM of doing such a thin, and not ask for help........I don't understand..........

This is heart breaking story. I think the father isn't innocent...who has a special needs child and never, one time, in 3 years calls to check on them. He didn't even know where the child lived.
It is saddening to know a grandmother could do this

This story broke my heart. A note? What a bunch of crap. She hid him in the bushes, doesnt sound like she intended him to be found at all.

Poor baby. :( May he RIP.

Sadness. Just sadness. This is heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom