Ya gotta have HOPE!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
http://www.pawnation.com/2009/12/18/faith-the-two-legged-dog-turns-seven-this-christmas/ Reported by Helena Sung

Seven years ago this Christmastime, a tiny puppy was born with only two fully formed hind legs to a "junkyard dog" raised to guard a flea market, reports the Associated Press. The deformed and weak puppy was being smothered by its mother when Reuben Stringfellow, 17-years old at the time, rescued the helpless newborn and brought it home, where he and his mother, Jude Stringfellow, cared for the puppy and named her Faith.

"When Reuben brought Faith to us she had three actual legs, but the left front leg was badly deformed, placed backward, upside down, and it had more toes on it than normal dog legs," writes Jude Stringfellow on Faith's official website. "The leg was removed when she was seven months old when it began to atrophy. People ask me if it was easy to teach Faith to walk upright... the answer is no! It was not easy, and it was not natural."

But learn to walk Faith did -- with the help of some peanut butter, encouragement and, well, faith. Since overcoming her congenital defect and learning to walk upright on her hind legs, Faith and her owner Jude have toured the country visiting injured soldiers at veterans' hospitals.

"She just walks around barking and laughing and excited to see them all," Jude tells the Associated Press. "There is a lot of crying, pointing and surprise. From those who have lost friends or limbs, there can be silence. Some will shake my hand and thank me, some will pat her on the head. There is a lot of quiet, heartfelt, really deep emotion."

Faith is a "Christmas miracle," Jude states on her website. "Faith's real birthday is unknown but we gave her the date of December 22 to celebrate. We know she was born within a few days of that date."

This January, Faith will be reunited with her rescuer Reuben, who has been serving in the military, reports the Associated Press. We hope cameras will be there to capture the emotional reunion.

Watch Faith on youtube:

And visit her site at
http://faiththedog.info/

It's a story to warm your heart forever. Living proof of hope, faith and courage!

Last edited:
I read this story and it brought tears to my eyes. I have seen her on oprah too.
She really is a christmas miracle and gives everyone hope. it definitely cannot be easy on Faith to walk like taht, as a dogs body is not designed to be on its hind legs for that long. But I'm sure she deals with it to keep on trucking.

What true heros Faith and her family are!

Back
Top Bottom