yah going for EEG in morning

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Well today went to see new pcp who I never had seen before and to my surprise he was so nice and understanding and actually got labs and EEG scheduled for tomorrow was glad when I was in the waiting room started seeing the specks of glitter in my eyes and then got very short of breath and tachy while I was there BP was fine but heart rate was in the 170’s he feels that the keppra is preventing me from going into full blown seizures and if I wasn’t on it would be having more than just these dizzy spells and he said the fact my blood pressure was normal and my heart rate was so fast along with me being short of breath my body is responding to something told him my husband’s view point that we should be able to get x,y, and z done by Friday sort of speak like he can do in banking lol  and dr. stated well if you have right dr. we can get all that done very fast so he was like is tomorrow at 930 am fast enough for your husband so not what I was expecting but I said heck ya would have had blood work done today but due to spending almost an hour speaking with him lab had just closed so will have to get that all done tomorrow said the pain in back, arms, legs etc is normal body is trying to adjust gave me meds for pain and also med for MRI that is scheduled due to that stupid clicking noise while in the machine it makes my headaches worse than you can imagine so had to be sedated last time he said hopefully will have results from EEG tomorrow afternoon wow that would be great then when I go see the neuro dr will at least have some of the testing done also said I know way too much lol from working in the ER and probably freaking myself out more cause know worse case scenarios which he is probably right but also like I told him certain symptoms that I have had for years by themselves weren’t really able to diagnose one thing or another but now looking back with me having the seizures too things might actually be adding up told him well you can see my point going to a dr and telling them hey by the way I see things that aren’t really there I dream things or at least I think I do and then have a feeling that they already happened these things by themselves they would have thought I was a psych pt or so I thought and he is thinking the migraines may be a precursor for the seizures hope the test tomorrow gives some incite to what the heck is going on :woot:

Good deal. Now maybe you'll get the answers you've been seeking for months.
Let us know.

Well, isn't

that just the coolest thing? I'm so very happy for you!!

That's great! Progress, and speedy too.

I think the migraines might definitely be a precursor for the seizures -- that's was the case for me.

Nakamova,

just out of curiosity............do you ALWAYS seize when you have a migraine, or not?

eeg

hmm I can remember having migranes all my life they have gotten worse in the past 4 years or so the last 4 or so seizures that I have been told I had t/c seizures yes I did have a migrane before and after seizure this specific migrane right now have had for like 6 days now and it won't go away it is there if I am awake and when I go to sleep it's still there the next morning of course under lot of stress now too so that dosn't help either but when I was little can remember the dr. telling my mom just let her get to sleep I would curl up in a fetal positon cover my eyes and head and when I would wake up it would go away as I became a teenager this didnt' work so much anymore and they have just gotten worse from then on

migranes

but too kids have been in school alot so it is quite possible that I have had seizures for longer than the past couple months and just they haven't been regular or witnessed don't know cause the dizzy/ glitter vision I can remember happening atleast like 3-4 yrs ago at a min

Meetz --
I meant that in hindsight my migraines were an early kind of seizure, and then they evolved in to tonic-clonics -- along the lines of kindling. I don't get migraines now (knock on wood), just the tonic-clonics.

Ah, I see. I was curious. Some people go through what you have, and others still have them as warnings.......

I was just wondering. Thanks. :)

I was recently diagnosed with migraines with auras. Kinda strange because I have auras for my complex partial seizures as well. Kinda hard to tell which aura is for what- but usually my auras for my CPs are much more pronounced it seems.

I thought that people had migraines as an separet condition and not before a seizure making it an aura to a future seizure. Kinda confusing. Migraines are a separet symptom/condition- An aura in relation to an Epileptic seizure is actually a simple partial seizure and abnormal electrical discharge is there. While with migraines, EEG may show something but not Epileptiform/waveforms showing seizure activity.

Migraines suck and now I'm finding out that I've had them for several years now- started in college. I take Excedrin migraine- but it makes me sick. So I need to call neuro and see what we can do about that.

Good night everyone
Crystal

good 4 u__

Jess got ur long and lovely message, made me cry, lol had hell of time figuring out how to respond via my phone, although I guess I've been accused of snippy remarks, none were intended that way. Hard to convey all the emotions via written word, you know I luv u tons will give u, ur kids and dave all the love, help and support I can, and yeah girl, ur sentences do run on, lol, also u can eat 10 pieces of toast, lol. That's ur business. As u have mentioned we talk about everything and the only post I have done since u came on was the one about the toast and sleep. Figure u can tell ur own thoughts, stories etc. Love ya Mum

Back
Top Bottom