Yay, it's that time of year again for me

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
Welp, my hockey preseason has started, after the club managed to secure new sponsors, we have got a whole new uniform free of charge.

The few few rounds are usually a tough slog, as the field averages around 100F (37 C) during the game, as was the case for my first trial match - The field is always hotter than the surrounds and icier in winter. My team scored a league promotion into the Australian equivalent of the ECHL thanks to last season's results, so this was a huge thing for my team. We won with a neat 2-1 victory including the flukiest goal I've ever scored...a shot directly into the goalies pads which deflected back onto my stick and into the goal - I was playing out of position as is normal for trials.

With the proper season set to get underway in 2 weeks, it'll be interesting to see what happens

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
My first thought was ice hockey (since it's our winter here, and we just got 8 inches of snow). :)

Have fun and remember to stay hydrated!

valeriedl

Veteran
Supporter
Reaction score
My first thought was ice hockey (since it's our winter here, and we just got 8 inches of snow). :)
Same thing here LOL. I'm a big hockey fan!

Love your profile pix by the way - Let's Go PENS!!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
Same thing here LOL. I'm a big hockey fan!

Love your profile pix by the way - Let's Go PENS!!
Hehehe, Unfortunately ice hockey isn't big here so it's mostly field hockey...even though we have a national league for ice hockey - I'm a massive hockey fan myself so I love all forms of the sport.

Lets Go Pens - Whilst I'm still hoping we're a chance of making the playoffs and being a real contender, I've got a uneasy feeling about it, we've thrown away too many easy matches for us to have a decent chance.