You'll never believe what happened with the new neuro today!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bernard said:
OK. I thought the drink was a coffee substitute, but it looks like it had both coffee and cocoa. That's a lot of caffeine - which may be the real culprit.

I have been off caffiene since my seizure began--my nuero stated that most AEd's seem towork better without caffiene...or something to that effect....I was very addicted to caffiene at the time..and they thought my seizures might be from caffiene use.....so we stopped the caffiene..i can tell when i have had it--it makes me sooo sick...i don't feel right at all....so i have sworn off it..and my dr agree.....

you should see the people that think i am nuts LOL

Kim

Stacy is also very sensitive to caffeine - especially in the form of chocolate.

bernard said:
Stacy is also very sensitive to caffeine - especially in the form of chocolate.

Did her dr say anything about it in relationship to seizures??? My one nuero[ one left practice a year after i was diagnose] thought i was a quack. :lol:

Her doctors warned her about alcohol and caffeine, but we saw the correlation for ouselves because Stacy tracked her seizures and diet in a calendar/diary. She has a seizure within 24 hours of ingesting caffeine almost every single time.

wonder and worry?

It's been a while since I've posted here, but today has got me worried. My last seizure event was nearly 6 months ago. So, I've done pretty good between watching my stress and taking the meds.(approved suppliments through my neuro). And staying away from soy drinks...

Generally my seizures were occurring at night when I have been under 'extreme stress.' At least that is how I was classifying some events that triggered an extreme mood change during the day. Sort of like an 'exploder' event at someone or something causing the stress. :oops:

Well, today I had an exploder event that was out of context. In fact, I haven't had an exploder event for nearly 11 months. When I realized I was getting 'worked up' I desperately tried to calm myself with deep breathing exercises etc. As I was breathing deeply I could feel the tension release, but the inner emotion was still roiling. I opted to take an extra dose of one of my suppliments...it supports serotonin production in the brain.

About 15 minutes later I calmed down, but was exhausted by the incident. Now, I am worried that a GM is waiting for me tonight in my sleep. Could those 'exploder' events be aura's or a type of seizure? And now that I am thinking along this line is there anything I can do to prevent one from happening tonight? Any extra precautions?

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi Tilei, it's good to hear from you again. Sounds like you have done well with controlling your seizures for 6 months. Congratulations!

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean by an 'exploder event'. Do you mean an irrational emotional reaction to something? When we (Stacy & I) took a class in applied Psychology, we learned that everyone has these. It is not specific to folks with epilepsy. Strong (irrational) reactions are usually indicative of a coping response to an emotional trauma from childhood.

I hope you are able to make peace within yourself and avoid any seizures.

Just an update

Well as far as I know nothing happened last night. I tossed and turned until about midnight, then finally drifted off to sleep.

This morning I am still having those 'exploder' feelings though. Getting pretty mad at the computer for running a bit slower loading certain sites etc. Like BrainTalk wouldn't load at all. Breaths deeply...

I've got some pretty physical work to get done today using some power tools etcetera and don't want to take any extra medication. I'll just eat a good breakfast, juice, and take my vitamins. I wish I knew what was causing me to feel this way.

Life Stressors:
Nursery Job is cutting hours and positions I am going from 40 to 20 hours. :cry:
Reset merchandising job is increasing # of projects :)
UFE seems to have really, really worked :!:
Garden is doing well, pumpkins have spouted along with peppers, lettuce, and tomatoes. 8)

Nothing too terrible is happening, in fact most of it is pretty good. Heck I even made it through the UFE without any major events.

Bernard you must have posted while I was typing.

Thanks for the response. Yes, when I was seeing the psyche doctor shed did diagnose me with PTSD. I had a pretty rough childhood.

"Exploder" is a term I had heard about from my business management training classes. It is one of the difficult personality types along with the bulldozer, wishy-washy, etc. Exploders are usually very aware they are using that type of management techinique and it is charaterized by yelling, ranting, raving, and maybe even throwing things.

I used to get those urges quite frequently in my younger years when things were pretty stressful. It is an urge with me more than a management technique. Yesterday it just overwhelmed me and I didn't feel I could stop it (although I was aware of it).

This morning is the feeling again. So I am not sure if it is something being triggered PTSD or symptom of my E?

Well, I'm not an expert in this field, but it sounds like you've got some 'anger' inside that is being set off by any available trigger (ie. slow computer) and not what I was describing above (which would be responses to specific triggers). Then again, perhaps it is just a lingering reaction to feelings of inadequacy related to your work situation. Only you can really figure this out. It's a good subject for meditation/introspection IMO.

I'm glad you made it through the night without a seizure. :woot: Perhaps you can relax a little bit now.

Back
Top Bottom