your first PUBLIC seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My first public seizure was just a few weeks ago.Thank God my husband was there with me. My son went to a school dance so my husband and I went out to dinner together.We went to a little Greek place right down the street from my house.We didn't realize it until we got there that on Friday nights they have music and Belly Dancers. I thought it was kind of neat to watch the dancers until they started clapping their finger simbles.Well I guess with the loud music, the finger simbles and the ladies moving all around the floor it set me off. The last thing I remember was ordering our food and a friend approaching our table. She asked me a question and I could not speak to answer her. The next thing I knew we were standing in my kitchen at home and my husband said lets get you to bed. I said why? I'm not tired! He said you just had a Grand Mal in the resturaunte. And then it hit me I couldn't move my left arm and my whole body felt like I had been hit by a truck. I was very lucky that my husband was there and the manager and waiter were very nice.

Back
Top Bottom