Youths wishes come true through Make-A-Wish

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

A wonderful organization:
For 3-year-old Shalom Moore and 10-year-old Aiedan Klein, both of Grand Island, Tuesday was a day when their dreams came true.

And the fairy godmother that made it happen was the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Nebraska.

On Tuesday, a crew from Backyard Adventures of Omaha arrived in Grand Island to assemble two large sets of playground equipment at Shalom’s and Aiedan’s homes.

It took the crew a few hours to assemble each of the play sets for Shalom and Aiedan to have many, many hours of fun and adventure in their backyards.

That is so wonderful! Rachel was accepted into the MAW program but believe it or not, her dad who hasn't seen her in years refused to sign the consent forms unless I dropped the high five-figure child support arrears. I couldn't afford that, not with the expenses of all the surgeries and such so no wish for Rachel, or so I thought. When her ped heard she wasn't getting her wish, a playhouse, his staff and the local 4H raised money and her wish did come true. God is good and our community is the best!

Yes, he is a stinker, but I feel so bad for him. He is missing out on a truly wonderful child just because he is selfish and can't see past her different abilities. I don't think she remembers him, she hasn't seen him since 12-06, although he came once during her PICU stay after surgery 2, she was unconscience and he only stayed for a few minutes. His loss.

Rachel is so blessed to have such a strong, selfless, & devoted mother like you! I'm glad that your pediatrician helped pull her wish through anyway! I know how much it hurts to have people close to you let you down at the times you need it the most (for me, those selfish people have been my own parents - luckily, I have the world's best in-law's :)).

Glad you have good in-laws! It's so important to have a good support system. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without my husband and my church. It's rare to find a man who is willing to not only love another man's child like his own but to step up to the plate through all we've encountered. He's my hero, him and Rachel!

Back
Top Bottom