H1n1

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I felt sick the first day after the flu shot. I took Pedialyte (electrolytes) to prevent dehydration. I am fine now.

I am glad that I got the H1N1 flu shot.

To everyone with children : Before getting any vaccinations please take a look at this (postvaccinalen Encephalopathie) which explains the alarming rise in Epilepsy,Autisum and(LKS) Landau Kleffner Syndrom

The Ministry of Health has announced today that they are going to decide next tuesday, whether the swine flu vaccinations should be stopped in Finland.
The officials knew about the vaccine`s potential risk for children getting narcolepsy already in May this year.

Within a week of Australia reporting that the virus appeared to be 40 times less lethal than originally feared, the WHO instructed countries to simply stop lab confirming suspected H1N1 cases, which meant that any and all flu-like symptoms were reported as pandemic influenza, padding the statistics.

This was perhaps suspected, but when the World Health Organization finally released a list of its pandemic advisors, it finally confirmed that at least five of the key players who influenced the phase six pandemic declaration indeed had financial ties to vaccine makers.

As we now know, our tax dollars were completely wasted on these nonessential pandemic vaccines, and it appears as though financial conflicts of interest between WHO pandemic advisors and the industry may have had a great deal to do with it.

The news for this year is that the flu vaccine you'll get this fall will be a combination vaccine that contains both the regular flu- and the swine flu vaccines – you will not be given the choice to take them individually.

http://mercola.com

Robin, I really appreciate all of the research that you do for us. Thank you for the info.

You are welcome Ruth. I am happy to know that it is helpful.

Thank you for the link. I listened to it and learned. She said that their was a "tri" that means 3 vaccines. I did not get the third one.

I do agree that most people do not need the flue vacinne if they are healthy, children or pregnant. Especially, pregnant, the baby in the womb is under 5 years old. An unborn child is very much alive. I know, because all 4 of mine kicked me.

I did not start getting my flu shot until I was in my late 50's. My husband worked in the medical field and was required to get his shot. He was told that in order to keep his job his whole family had to be vacinnated. From that time on, we always were.

She said in the video that people in their 60's had to die sometime so they did not need the flu shot. I still remember one year they were giving out the H1N1 flu shot. That was a long time ago, when there was another outbreak. My father-in-law refused to get the shot. He almost died from the H1N1 flu.

I do not have a good immune system and neither does my husband. Therefore, we fit into the catergory of needing the flu shot. I have a feeling that most people will not get the flu shot this year. That is up to them.

This vaccine is HORRIBLE!

WARNING: This Year's Flu Plan
The news for this year is that the flu vaccine you'll get this fall will be a combination vaccine that contains both the regular flu- and the swine flu vaccines – you will not be given the choice to take them individually.

Barbara Loe Fisher explains:

"In February of 2009, the CDC announced that every single American from the age of 6 months through the year of death should get an annual flu shot -- every single one of us, whether we're healthy or we're sick.

In March of 2009, this mysterious H1N1 bird-pig-human hybrid influenza virus was discovered.

So here we are… Everyone is supposed to get a flu shot every year. We're going into the flu season of 2010-2011…. [But] they have decided that in the annual influenza shot for this year, there will be three type A or type B viruses, and one will be H1N1."

This is the same type of vaccine that Australia recently suspended for use in children under the age of five because it caused a surprisingly high number of reports of children suffering high fevers, vomiting and febrile convulsions
But children aren't the only group that seem to react more violently to the trivalent vaccine that contains the H1N1 component.

A special government committee has been created to investigate last year's H1N1 monovalent vaccine for signs that it may be associated with a higher rate of certain kinds of reactions. What the committee found out provisionally is that there were three signs of trouble with the H1N1 swine flu vaccine used last year.

Fisher explains:

"One was Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), which we know has been associated with influenza vaccine since 1976 when the first swine flu vaccine was used. There is [also] a sign of a blood disorder called thrombocytopenia. Thrombocytopenia is when your blood cannot produce enough platelets. It's an autoimmune type reaction.

The other is Bell's palsy. That's a facial paralysis. It's a neuroimmune reaction.

The government is saying they don't know if these are true signals or not, but there were some red flags that were raised."

So now we're moving into the 2010-2011 flu season with a vaccine that may be very reactive.

"I am concerned," Fisher says, "We have over 300 million people [in the US] which… are supposed to get this influenza vaccine. And we have a very aggressive push by the media and others who are following the lead of the government, so we could have a bad situation."

For seniors, the news may be even more dire.

When H1N1 first hit last year, the CDC explained that seniors weren't included in the first round of shots because studies indicated the risk of infection in this age group was less than for younger groups.

But now that H1N1 is part of the seasonal shot, the CDC and WHO have some hefty plans for the same seniors who, last year, they said were less likely to get H1N1.

In the ACIP Provisional Recommendations for the Use of Influenza Vaccines, dated February 24, it states:

"A higher dose formulation of an inactivated seasonal influenza vaccine (Fluzone High-Dose, manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur, licensed by FDA on December 23, 2009) for use in people age 65 years and older will be available in the 2010-11 influenza season.

"Fluzone High-Dose contains four times the amount of influenza antigen compared to other inactivated seasonal influenza vaccines. …

Studies are underway to assess the relative effectiveness of Fluzone High-Dose compared to standard dose inactivated influenza vaccine, but results from those studies will not be available before the 2010-11 influenza season." [Emphasis mine.]

Yes, you read that right: if you're age 65 or older, the CDC wants you to take a flu vaccine this fall that not only contains an antigen they previously said you probably already have antibodies to (H1N1), but that is also four times as potent, with no safety evaluation whatsoever until AFTER the season is underway!

Again, the CDC is asking you to be a part of a large public health experiment.

This is why we're warning you early, because for the most part, none of this is really known. It's not been announced. It certainly has not received widespread publicity.

Another mind-bending irony is that unused or expired flu vaccines that contain the mercury preservative thimerosal can by law not be disposed of in regular garbage because it's considered hazardous waste

Yet it's deemed to be safe to inject into your body – in the case of the flu vaccine, once a year, each and every year of your life!.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...arbara-loe-fisher-on-flu-vaccine-changes.aspx

The CDC hasn't done ANY testing to make sure the vaccine is even safe.:tdown:

Last edited:
I have chosen not to get the vaccine, as I did last year.

I have a favor to ask, if folks provide statements/info from medical sources/other, can you include the source of the info? Some have, some have not. I would like this as it would help when sharing this info with others, just so they know the source and dont think I am just throwing info to them from just anywhere based on my view of it.....Thank you!!!!

I think I found the original sources for Junebug's quotes.

I think I found the original sources for Junebug's quotes.

Both quotes were from the same url that is posted so I deleted the other url. Sorry I forgot to include the source links. :oops:

Last edited:
Just something to consider:

(NaturalNews) Remember two years ago when every news show featured hysterical reports about the so-called H1N1 pandemic and how the supposed killer flu was striking down healthy kids? True, many previously healthy children became critically ill, developing severe pneumonia and respiratory failure. And some tragically died after being diagnosed with H1N1. But was that really the accurate explanation of what caused their death?

According to the largest nationwide investigation to date of the flu in children who became critically ill, scientists from Children's Hospital Boston have found another reason to explain the severity of the youngsters illness. It turns out that it most likely wasn't H1N1 alone that caused healthy children to become so ill many died.

Instead, these kids were unknowingly infected with something else. That additional infection, the superbug known as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), spiked the risk for flu-related deaths 8-fold in children who were otherwise believed to be totally healthy before they became ill.

Almost all of these children who were found to be infected with the superbug were immediately treated with vancomycin, considered to be best treatment for MRSA. Yet they died despite being administered this powerful antibiotic and their deaths were blamed on the flu. But the new research suggests it was the MRSA that played a huge role in killing these children.

"There's more risk for MRSA to become invasive in the presence of flu or other viruses," study leader Adrienne Randolph, MD, MsC, of the Division of Critical Care Medicine at Children's Hospital Boston. Said in a statement to the media. "These deaths in co-infected children are a warning sign." He added this is especially alarming given the rising rates of MRSA infections being carried widely among children.

"It is not common in the U.S. to lose a previously healthy child to pneumonia," Randolph said. "Unfortunately, these children had necrotizing pneumonia eating away at their tissue and killing off whole areas of the lung. They looked like immunocompromised patients in the way MRSA went through their body. It's not that flu alone can't kill - it can - but in most cases children with flu alone survived."

MRSA risk continues to spread
Sixty percent of the youngsters investigated for the new study already had sometimes serious health problems before contracting the flu. But of the 251 children (30 percent) previously healthy children included in the research, the only risk factor that was identified which likely contributed to their increased risk of dying was a diagnosis of a MRSA infection in the lung. The researchers expressed surprise that the antibiotic used to treat the MRSA-infected children didn't work and suggested the drug couldn't penetrate the lungs or the disease moved too rapidly.

Recent studies have shown a worrisome rise in the number of youngsters who are carriers of MRSA. A 2010 study published in Pediatrics found that the number of children hospitalized for MRSA infections increased from 2 in 1,000 admissions in 1999 to 21 in 1,000 admissions by 2008. The cause appears to be the never-ending and growing use of antibiotics in people and animals. "The more antibiotics we take, the more we colonize ourselves with antibiotic-resistant organisms such as MRSA," Randolph noted.

Curiously, the researchers are not emphasizing going after the cause and spread of MRSA infections as much as they are using their findings to push for flu shots. Their study, just published in the journal Pediatrics, promotes flu vaccination among all children aged 6 months and older.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034081_flu_pandemic_MRSA.html#ixzz1d22ZEVaU

Natural News said
Instead, these kids were unknowingly infected with something else. That additional infection, the superbug known as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), spiked the risk for flu-related deaths 8-fold in children who were otherwise believed to be totally healthy before they became ill.
The truth is that MRSA was identified from the beginning as the only risk factor for death.
While most of the children critically ill with H1N1 had one or more chronic health conditions that increased their risk, such as asthma, neurologic disorders, or compromised immune systems, 251 children (30%) were previously healthy. Among those otherwise healthy children, the only risk factor that was identified for death from influenza was a presumed diagnosis of MRSA co-infection in the lung, which increased the risk for mortality 8-fold (p<0.0001).
http://www.rtmagazine.com/news/2011-11-08_01.asp

This is a great example of how Natural News misrepresent the facts of various studies to suit their own purposes. For anyone that is interested here is the study that they made reference to.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2011/11/04/peds.2011-0774.abstract

Natural News is a conspiracy site, not a medical site. They talk about studies but never have links to them for proof so I do question what they say about them. As well as contradicting science, this site doesn't even believe that germs exist, they promote it to be a conspiracy.

To show how far from being a medical site they are, they actually claim that the ATF are trying to arm Mexican gangs . Any site that is serious about its medical content would never bother having something totally unrelated like what the ATF or DEA are doing.

Time & time again, study after study the flu vaccines have been proven safe.

Conclusion
Results of this study show important increases in physicians' level of confidence about A(H1N1) vaccine's safety and immunogenicity and their willingness to recommend this vaccine to their patients. These changes could be explained, at least partially, by the important effort done by public health authorities to disseminate information regarding A(H1N1) vaccination.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3050752/?tool=pmcentrez

CONCLUSIONS:

No pattern of adverse events that would be of concern was observed after the administration of influenza A (H1N1) vaccine, nor was there evidence of an increased risk of the Guillain-Barré syndrome.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21288090

Also, as popular as Joe Mercolas site is (mercola.com) it is a pretty bad conspiracy site as well. The proof lies in their story about how 1/3 of Americans believe their government allowed 9/11 to happen. Any site that cares to discuss that isn't very focused on health either. As well he is known to post false medical info by most professionals
No references are given in the original story, and it appears to be completely invented. Mercola just repeats the invented claim, which in its original form read: "some people fear that the risk of cancer could be increased by injecting the cells
Scare-mongering about the flu vaccine and cancer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom