The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nice to see you are up and that I have company, Meetz. Oh, gosh.. I mean I'm sorry to see you are up and that I have company. Well, you know what I mean.

Is there a special name for your "extra" types of epilepsy? Or is it a wave pattern they haven't seen before?

Well, the

one is a fairly normal one, I think, but what makes it odd is that it is nocturnal (I would guess, I don't know :ponder:) That's the focal szs in the left frontal lobe. All 4 types of my E are nocturnal, though.

The rare one (according to neuro) is the Electrographic E. Supposedly it's only found in infants and don't quote me here, nearly brain-dead people (like those who are in a coma). But I have it, and I'm a normal, walking talking fully functional adult.

Electrographic E is where your whole brain szs alllllllll night while you sleep, and you wake up exhausted. In other words, going to bed was just useless.

oooooooooooooh! I see you are up, too, Court. How are you doing tonight? Getting any sleep at all? I hope your hand is less painful today. Do you still have any bruises?

Me, not much sleep. But that's same 'ol, same 'ol.

hand still hurts,

was sewing, finished the straps for my bag tonight, now just need to do the inside of the bag and the flap. I assume the flap will be the hard pard
trying to learn zipper pockets. they are hard because of how small they are

ran out of thread, decided to quit sewing to for the night.

Last edited:
Well, Court

and Endless, I'm leaving you two to man the field for now. I have to go get stuff ready so that I can leave later to get this contraption off my head, and then go to work.

Hopefully I can get it all out of my hair before I go to work. Hmmmmm.

A girl can pray, right?

Court, I think you may have a business, there. Start small, grow big.

Meetz, you are a hardy individual, to be electroded out one minute, at work the next. I know you are an old pro at this, but.... Use olive oil to get the glue out. massage in and work the little glue bits with your fingers. Wash, and then do it again. I didn't do the "wash and then do the oil again" step and it looked like I had the worst case of dandruff ever. It was just leftover glue.

Hey, court. how can you sew with a hurt hand????? Ouch.

I'm considering hypnosis for sleep. Anybody tried that? Don't know if that will help me. It is the IIH (intercranial hypertension) that doesn't let me sleep. But I'm desperate enough to try anything.

I assume the same way everyone else with a hurt hand sews. Slowly and carely. I actually spent a week off sewing. and I still can't sew the way I should, a lot of stuff I have to do with my left handit can be tricky at times.

Last edited:
"Pfut, pfut, pfut" as she taps on the microphone. Is anybody out there? It's only 1:00 a.m.... not anywhere near closing time in the midnight club.

Old jokes. Some things to think about:

• The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.
  • Just remember…if the world didn’t suck, we’d all fall off.
  • It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try and pass them.
  • Laughing stock - cattle with a sense of humor.
  • You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?
  • Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world’s population.
  • If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
  • Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.
  • The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.
  • Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat drinking beer all day.
  • Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.
  • Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.
  • Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

don’t have a library card, but do you mind if I check you out?

Lol

I have to agree with Court.

Have you given any thought to writing a joke book, Endless?

Oh, Court. Double entendre.... A smart guy, and he sews, too. :)

Oh, Meetz.... I shamelessly plagerized the jokes. lol...

:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I think I might try to sleep again.

I tried earlier, and got SOME, but nightmares came with it this time. YIPPEE. Now that I've had some herbal tea, I might be able to succeed.........

Think the nightmares are because of your meds? Remind me what you are on again?

I have very vivid dreams with Lamictal, like I did on Trileptal. On trileptal they were my usual good dreams. On Lamictal they are peppered with plenty of nightmares. I also think I'm having more fear seizures at night again, due to a dose that's too low. Ugh.

Get some sleep, my friend. Deep and soft, the love of the universe filling your fuzzy sleepy head with that love as you sleep....

Staring at my computer screen near tears.

I remember standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.

It's a girl my lord.

We had to borrow her dad's motorcycle to ride out there together. The first cruiser I had ridden at that point, and hopefully the last. My own bikes never had a back seats before her, and none after her either. It was kind of on purpose. I never wanted to share that part of my life with anyone. I couldn't stand the thought of being responsible for anyone. It was always meet me somewhere, or I will be there at a certain time. Never I will take you there, or let's go together.

I remember being that close to someone and trusting them that much.

And that sunny day in Winslow, Arizona. with not a single working bathroom near by. 

winslow.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, I've

done the "one time at band camp"...........multiple times! LOLOL

Band camp? Oh, there are so many obvious jokes here, I'll just move along. ;)

I just drank a glass of POG (passion-orange-guava juice), watched a TiVo'd "The Daily Show," and damp-mopped my floor.

So now hopped up on sugar, beamed full of sleep-evading blue light, and full of adrenaline from a brisk workout (okay, brisk for a person on Lamictal), I am going to try to sleep. Lol...

Only zero hours of sleep so far. Three hours would be so lovely. How our standards have plummeted.

Sleep?

hmmmmm.

well, I got a few hours, last night. For a change. Cuz I didn't have that STUPID contraption on my head. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for no contraptions!

I got about 4 hours last night and then nearly slept through my docs appointment this morning, eek!

Back
Top Bottom