The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizures in your sleep and a broken shoulder are worth whining about.

thanks for the free pass, I have been having some seizures from over stimultion.... which is good and bad

Hehe.....

I'm gonna go buy some Ben and Jerry's this week--and I'm gonna eat the whole container in one sitting! I haven't had ice cream in forever! :)

Well, OK, maybe I won't eat the WHOLE container........:paperbag:

walking out of a grocer, i saw shopping cart with a gallon of ice cream with a spoon in it, sitting in the parking lot. few weeks ago

Its 2.30am an I'm in hospital waiting for an operation, meanwhile the guy opposite could compete with a blooming army of warthogs an what do the nurses offer a pair of ear plugs how am I supposed to sleep wearing earplugs oh well guess ill leave it an when I have to get picked off the floor because I've had a siezure due to lack of sleep it'll be their problem I guess

Ive always been a night owl

There have been times in my life that i haven't seen the sun in weeks! Sleeping all day and rising at about 7pm or later, and staying up all night. Its just who I am, ive been this way since I was 13..I enjoy it. When i am alone at night, i feel like the world is mine, all mine!:ponder:

it is like that after i ride my bike home places sometimes. I just feel alone in the world.

This is becoming a bigger joke by the day they put me on nil by mouth at 2.00 am then at 9.30 am they decided I could eat so it sounds like I've been pushed out another day the consultant surgeon doesn't get back from paris till monday an they aint keeping me hanging around till then I'd rather go home on a zimmer frame and come back when they are ready and have stopped messing me around

You are not gonna believe this
The reason I was rushed in was because it looked like my pelvis had dropped an inch on one side all this was because of the angle the xray was taken at it had actually dropped only a few mm once they worked all this out with a ct scan they have decided to send me home as long as I use a crutch on my left side for 6 weeks sounds to me like a consultant that can't read an xray nay worries panic over back to my birds again lol in time I may need a screw removing. But other than that I can live with having a screw loose lol

Well at least they noticed before they sliced back in to you. And you get to go home again. Yay!

Haven't been here in a while.....still have insomnia though

Hi ya'll haven't been here in a while I lost my book marks on my computer and I lost this site. Then after I finally found this site again I forgot my password it took me a half a day to get a new password.

Well I m still taking Keppra . I just weaned myself of of Zoloft I didn't like the side effects or the weight gain. I take Elavil 25 mg at night for migraines.

I was just wondering does anyone take 5 HTP? Does it help you sleep?

5 HTP can help some people with both sleep and seizure control. But for some folks it can cause seizures or make them worse. So as with melatonin or other over-the-counter sleep aids, proceed with caution and start with a tiny dose to see how it makes you feel.

Ok. well Ill start slowly with the 5 HTP. I take Elavil 25 mg at night it helps with my migraines it used to help me sleep but not anymore. Now I'm up till 2 am every night cause I can't sleep.

So far I'm only taking 50mg of the 5 HTP in the am. I don't take it at night yet because I am afraid it might react with the Elavil 25mg. I cant get into see the Dr for 6 wks . I stopped the 75 mg of Zoloft on my own and I feel alot better. The side effect of the Zoloft was too much to bear. So far taking the 50 HTP in the am is working ok. I might move it up to 100 mg next week......maybe or maybe I ll wait till I see the Dr in 6 weeks..:e:

I am so sick to my stomach. Ohhhh, another joy of the meds.

I want to watch TV, but how much "Ice Road Truckers" can one girl take?

Back
Top Bottom