The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hey, lou. Sorry about the rats. Ugh. Didn't your flat have rats before you moved in? Or was that cockroaches or fleas or something? I seem to remember a fine history of some type of vermin.

Hey, Court. What are you sewing these days?

I'm up because I'm extra sick to my stomach. Will the joy of meds never end?

Yeah there was fleas when I first moved in. Luckily they're gone but its currently breeding season for the giant house spider so there's also them, but to be fair they are in pretty much all older houses. They're huge and they move FAST!

Trying to get hold of landlord again. One is not amused!

House spiders? Are they the ones with the huge brown bodies big as hershey's kisses, or the ones with small bodies but huge long legs?

Well in this place there's a lot of "cellar" spiders with the long legs and tiny bodies but I think I managed to evict most of them after moving in. The house spiders, or more specifically the GIANT house spiders also have long legs, but big bodies too. I've seen some that are the size of my hand and by god they move like lightning! Do a Google search if you're brave. I bet they're not as big as some breeds you can get in the states and Canada, but they're probably the biggest ones over here. Bring on November when breeding season is over!

Still waiting for rat traps to do their job, to be honest I think I need pest control. It's one smart rodent!

Oh, yeah. But ours looks more like the hobo spider. If one of these babies bites you, a big chunk of your flesh rots off.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,410642,00.html
I've found one in the bathtub once. I trapped it in a box and put it outside. It was a chore because it was fast. Yuck.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_house_spider

I actually like the ones with tiny bodies and big legs, because they eat other spiders. They are poisonous, but their mouths are too small to bite us.

There's one more kind I just do not like. One is that fat-bodied spider that I mentioned before. Think round and dime-sized. Ugh.

The second link you posted there are the ones I'm talking about Endless. Ooh they make my skin crawl! I could handle the rats better than them.

Speaking of which, left a long and somewhat angry message on my landlords answering machine yesterday. Hey presto, they're sending out pest control tomorrow, more than two weeks after I originally informed them of the problem. Yay!

Ask the pest guys if they can help with the spiders too...

ten pm sitting in an e.r. I broke my left shoulder blade bruised a lung, bicycle accident. may need surgery. they are keeping me over night for observation. may need a pin

i also got a job riding my bike for a company doing delieries today

Oh, Court. New job, then broke your shoulder same day. Congratulations on the job, so sorry for the break. Will your new job wait until your shoulder is healed?

I hope they give you good painkillers to help you sleep well tonight. I can't even imagine how much that has to hurt.

Will you let us know what's going to happen? Do you know if they are going to do surgery yet?

<<<<BIG HUGS>>>>>
Alicia and Lou, Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo_spider
We also have tiny little brown recluses, though they say they aren't in this part of the country. We call them wood pile spiders because that's where we find them, except for when they decide to come in the house. We've all seen them, they are on the news, therefore they are here. Serious flesh-eating bites. Holes the size of softballs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse_spider

Lou, do ask for your landlord to call the exterminator. For both your apartment, and your neighbor's. I'd much rather have fleas than spiders. Of course we don't have to make a choice. It should be neither. Call that landlord! Call the authorities! Whatever it takes.

Aloha to all the midnight critter haters...count me as one:agree: We have cane spiders here and rats that are the size of volkswagons, ok, I :agree:might be exagerating but only a little...the real menace is the lightening quick, mean, nasty, painful biting centipede.:paperbag: I hate them!! They are also togh to kill- no putting those buggers in a bag for release...I used to run 'em over with my jeep just to make sure there was no reincarnation or afterlife of any kind! I hate those things! Of course in full disclosure: I did break my heal bone while trying to escape from what felt like a rat while standing on my countertops cleaning aboce the cabinets...now I now why my mother always warned about jumping off of the counter...:roflmao: NOW THAT'LL LEAVE A MARK!! Actually it left me in a cast for about twelve weeks....(you should hear the one about how I broke my arm, it's a doozy)

Ooh now I wanna hear about how you broke your arm lol. I must have pretty strong bones. I've cracked a few fingers during seizures and cracked a cheekbone when I were 15. Mind you, I had just fallen 30 ft down the side of a mountain and bounced off a boulder on the way down, so I think I was lucky to get away with a broken cheekbone and a load of sprains and bruises. Recently dislocated my thumb though. Ouch that hurt. A break probably would have healed quicker.

Court - I hope the surgery goes well and you heal quickly! Congrats on the new job, I hope they hold it for you.

Waiting for the landlord and pest control now, doing some cleaning while I'm waiting. No point asking about the spiders because they can't stop them from coming in. My dad gave me one of those plug in pest control thing that emit a high pitched sound that we can't hear. Unfortunately the budgie could hear it and didn't like it one bit, so had to turn it off. am getting the pest control to check the other flats and the basement.

Im here because EVERY single time I try and fall asleep for the past 3 days I have a simple partial and the only way to stop it or minimise it is to wake up, so here I am with 2 hrs sleep in 36hrs and looking like none again tonight, this is ridiculous :ponder:

they are keeping me again, i might not need a pin, but they are running more test. who knows whats next

Court, what would make me very happy is if they'd get your seizures under control. Are they looking into that while you are in the hospital? You are going through wayyyyy too much, on a continuous basis. The hospital is not a great place to be, but at least we know you are safe there.

Coming up for 1am and I'm back from my "big night out". Probably spent longer getting ready than I did actually in bars. Sober as a judge, friends weren't in the mood despite having organized this ages ago.

I really needed a night to let my hair down but have a sneaking suspicion that I may be being a bit petulant cos I never got the night I was so looking forward to.

Oh well, better take off my new outfit and the make up and sit and watch tv like most other nights.

Edit - just reread this. Don't know why its bothering me so much, everything seems to be lately. Gah.

Last edited:
how are my midnight comrades, sorry i have been busy doing my art like the madman i am

Well, we can let you off for the sake of art Matchu :p

I went out again tonight with some family. Was a great night. Good craic, music and dancing. Wouldn't risk alcohol though, been full of partials for what seems like the whole day :O

Heading to bed now, feel like I could sleep for days! (but can't, cos of, ya know, work and stuff)

combination of insomnia and cant get comfortable. plus i have probably slept too much from the pain killers lately.
so i am up

:p

but i have http://t-shirtblo.gs/ to look at

Back
Top Bottom