The midnight club

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lureswinger,

it's hard to have a positive mental attitude, especially awake alone at night. all my monsters come cralwing out from beneath my bed. I worry about anything and everything. It's a lot better when I am well rested and have slept. Funny, I thought worry was keeping me from sleeping. But i think it is the lack of sleeping that is causing the anxiety that makes me worry.

I really am tired of this. I've tried not logging on at night to see if that would help. Kinda does, kinda doesn't.

Maybe all of us should take an online midnight accounting 101 class together. That'd put us to sleep. Or maybe not. What subject puts you to sleep most? :)

When my nephew starts talking about the details and nuances of his online fantasy gaming stuff my eyes just glaze over. Works like a charm.

Sorry I'm one of those people that sleep like the dead once my eyes shut that's it out cold , we had a minor eathquake over here a few years ago in the middle of the nite and the wife started panicing wondering why the tv was bouncing across the wall , eventually she woke me long enough to say " oh it'll just be another earthquake " then I turned over and fell asleep again next morning I didn't remember any of it
Garth brooks puts it well " ill live when I'm alive an sleep when I'm dead "

Didn't know you had a t-c on Saturday Lou, sorry to hear it. Yeah bruises are no fun, and mine seem to take a lot longer to heal as I age.

Yeah, I don't seem to be on here (or the internet in general) much lately. I figure that's if there's any more tc then its time to get meds adjusted.

It's not bad to take an Internet vacation. During the summer I tend to unplug over the weekends. It helps me sleep better.

Yeah, I don't seem to be on here (or the internet in general) much lately. I figure that's if there's any more tc then its time to get meds adjusted.

Do you think there was a trigger, like being too tired from getting your flat set up, or all the stuff going on at work? I'm sending positve, calming energy to your brain.....

I think its a combination of all of them Endless. I had a friend staying the night, she thought I'd been drinking wine like her, but really I'd been drinking alcohol free wine (basically a grape and elderflower juice that comes in a posh bottle). I can be sneaky lol. Think it scared the life out of her though, she's never seen one before.

Ahhh, Lou. I'm sorry to hear about the t/c. Unplug for a bit, and completely chill. As for your friend, well, she learned something new! :S

Well, Lou, I think it was good for her to see a tc. Does she know now what to do for one? As for the wine... is it good? I haven't been able to find a good non-alcoholic wine. Beer yes. Wine no.

I'm up with a killer headache. Again. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRG

Oh, Endless

I wish you could find something for those things.....you're having such a time of it........(((((HUGS)))))

midnight somewhere

Did not know this club existed. My hubby works nights now, so it is just me and the dog. By the way, it's afternoon here in the deep south!

I stay in bed when I am having trouble sleeping, I tend to think getting on the internet will stimulate my already over stimulated brain. No lap top, a P.C. that sits in the office. Probably better that way. I have to try not to think about seizing all by my lonesome, as well as any unwanted intruders. I have a weapon for the latter, although I like to picture the remote chance of someone breaking into the house and my frightened response a T/C! Ha ha, talk about being armed! Oops, wrong choice of houses to break into!!:bigsmile:

At work at the moment, luckily the other member of staff is keeping the clients entertained with a dvd so I've spent the last hour catching up with paperwork. Found out today I have an unexpected 6 days in a row off after tonight! That makes me a happy Lou. I could do with the break.

Endless - is there nothing at all that can be done for your headaches?

I am just figuring out that Vimpat is VERY time sensitive, that concept only took what, three months of hell (I am a slow learner) Now I put in my ear pluds, and put on the eye mask and 'coma' music :paperbag: I know, I know, I make a real visual teptress in that outfit :banana: my husband must be going blind!:roflmao:

i did a post at like 4am...i don't sleep well with pending tests looming so my expected outcome of sleep this month is very little

I have slept well all week, the gf has been with me. I have been of my bike all week and not running errands serious errands spending time with her.
But she had other stuff to do today and I got lonely. I forgot I have to maintain my limits and constantly workout to keep my self up.

My first day with out her I got lonely and had a seizure on my bike, caught my thumb and index figure on the front tire. I have a friction burn a few millimeters deep on two fingers and road rash going up my right arm and my shoulder. my left arm and my face was protected by my messenger bag.

You can only imagine the headache I have at the moment.

Oh, Court

I'm sorry about what happened. I can sort of imagine the headache, but I don't think I really want to.

Feel better soon!!!

(((((((HUGS))))))

Court, that is just awful. It's gotta hurt.

I so wish there was another way for people with seizures to get around. Other than public transportation. There has to be a safer way than to risk a TC on a bike.

having nightmares about my 3rd lp i had over the weekend..... Yeah not sleeping. Just want it all to end! Now to spend the next week getting over it. As well as 36hrs without sleep! Seizures all over the place and i had 3 complex partials infront of a doctor mid conversation!

Ugh. That sounds awful. :(
Hope you are feeling better.

Tonight I had my first nocturnal seizure in ages. I guess it's just as well because it woke me up. I'm not supposed to be sleeping because of a sleep deprived eeg tomorrow.

I'm just tired.

Back
Top Bottom