How much snow did you get?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I live in western PA and they were calling for 4 to 6 inches of snow over night. When I woke up this morning there was at least a foot and a half (if not more) on the ground.

We had a snow plow run off the road by my house and get stuck. He was there for at least 4 hours before they got a big tow truck to pull him out.

They say that in two days we are going to get probably 4 more inches, wonder how much we are really going to get?

Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch. The storm gave Boston a miss.

Yesterday, here on the North Shore on Long Island we were expecting 6" of snow so everyone rushed to the supermarket to stock up on food for at least two weeks. Long Islanders love to panic! So, I woke up yesterday morning and like Nake said got
Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch

We got 18 inches, but happily kept our power. New York City got nada. The main roads are plowed, but we're still snowed in. And we have another 8-10 inches to look forward to between Tuesday and Wednesday. Yet the kids aren't sledding on the hill across from my house yet. Maybe it's too cold. (12 degrees!)

We were supposed to have company last night, but they're in South Jersey and got 32 inches! Anyone for caviar?

Mmmm .... Caviar!

We were lucky and only caught the northwest corner of the storm. Anywhere from 8-14" across our area. It wasn't too bad digging out here, but my Mom's driveway had drifts over two feet deep across most of it. That was a little more of a challenge for my snowblower.

No snow but it rained and rained and rained. Stupid neighbor has started to collect animals and now his boat building project is going around the clock....Still haven't figured out how he's gonna move that huge thing.

Well, w've

gotten at least 6 inches with 14 inch drifts in places. Supposedly we have more coming.......

We were sent home early from school on Friday. So what are they doing to do this week?? LOLOL

rained for 2 weeks straight,
snowmageddon missed us

Theoretically, we're supposed to get another 10" between Tuesday and Wednesday and another dump on Saturday. But it's really too early to tell about the weekend. (Get snowed in with your Valentine?)

we got about 28". Lost power for 3 days and phone. No internet, no news from outside, no heat, no plow. Still stuck in here, but at lest we have power and phone and net for a while. (Till the next 16 inches tomorrow) Somebody pipe some sunshine in to here please. First left on your right- just a little sun... please!

They said that we are going to get possibly up to 8 inches within the next two days here again, that's on top of the two feet that's out there already. I don't even know how high the snow drifts are.

There are alot of places that don't have power and alot of roads that still haven't been plowed so people are stuck in their houses. Luckily it wasn't that bad for me.

I went to Wal-Mart today to pick up a few things and the shelves were almost empty!

12 more inches is the guess for here. I was at least able to buy a chicken to roast before the power goes out. Listen to us! It sounds like we live in Antartica!

They are telling us 7-12. Already had an inch by 8 am and it is supposed to snow for the next 24+ hours.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.:paperbag:

Alot less then I thought, a little more than we wanted. :roflmao:

Seriously though, not bad here in WA. Hoping to make it til Spring with only rain lol.

i blame america (not americans lol) for the amount of snow we got, i live in the east midlands of the uk and the local councils didnt know what hit them they are only used to 1/4 of an inch of snow and we got at least a foot and a half, so the local councils didnt know what to do they didnt manage to get snow ploughs out till most of it had melted (waste of time at that point if you ask me ) but that is our local council summed up in one

BLIZZARD!:woot: I can hear the wind whirling and whistling outside like it has a life of its own. I'm like a kid. I love
em'. Just love em', watching from outside the window! Expecting 18 inches. Will keep y'all posted...

Last edited:
I was hoping that was the last of it but seems I was wrong again as its been snowing again this morning although only a sprinkle compared to the last lots

Sorry lureswinger,

We in Michigan decided to send our snow to England this year. I've been teasing my relatives there all winter. We got our first real snow of the year last night 6" and they called a snow day, wimps. It took at least a foot when we were kids now they're afraid of lawsuits if people get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom