Pretty happy right now :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
I went for my interview Today for a local builder company which is run by a husband & wife. The position I had the interview for was for an administration role & I was interviewed by the wife.

The interview went really well, the lady who interviewed me was lovely, she was very impressed with my admin experience & thought I'd be perfect for the position . She said she just needs to speak to the payroll person who won't be in until Thursday to find out what the salary for my position would be.

So at this stage it looks like I do have the job, just have to wait until Thursday until the employer rings me back to let me know the salary & also find out when she wants me to start.

The position was through the employment agency I go through which is a disability employment agency (helps people with disability/medical conditions get work) so the employment broker who was looking after the position had mentioned my epilepsy but only said I had epilepsy which was under control.
I did tell the employer more about my epilepsy, explaining to her that my main seizures were partials but I do currently have really good seizure control.
She was fine about my epilepsy & said all they need to know is what to look out for if I was to have a seizure & what to do.

So in a couple of days I should know for sure if I did get the position & when I start :).

Last edited:
CQ:)

I am glad to hear things seem to be going well for you CQ:), keep us informed on what happens. I will be thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

Yesterday I had an appt with my employment consultant & I found that it looks like I definitely have the job :woot:
The feedback the employer gave the employment broker (which the employment broker passed on to my employment consultant) was that the employer thought I interviewed really well, she was impressed with my administration skills & happy to offer me the job .

I am now just waiting to hear from the employer to find out what my wage will be & when she wants me to start.

The waiting for that phone call is nerve racking but I'm trying not to stress about it or worry to much lol.

Last edited:
:woot: I'm happy for you, too!! Now, just sit back for a moment, take a few
d-e-e-p breaths. It will be okay!

Thanks Cint.

I got a call from the employer this morning & she confirmed that I have the job & can start sometime next week if I like (they are very flexible).
I will be starting the new job on Wednesday as I have to go to my employment agency on either Monday or Tuesday to sort some things out now I have paid work.
I went to my voluntary work Today for the last time, I think they're going to miss me (I was an all rounder) & I know I'll miss it but looking forward to this new page in my life :woot:

Excellent news CQ,hope everything goes great for you!!! Remember and tell us how things are going from time to time.You are an inspiration for us all:)

Thanks Crash.
A friend text me this morning to wish me good luck on the new job & try not to get to nervous. Had to text her to let her know the job starts tomorrow lol. She laughed & said oh well ill text again tomorrow lmao.

I have to go down to my employment agency this morning to sort out the final things.

I am both excited & nervous, this is my 1st ever full time job so it is still so dam surreal lmao.

This is fantastic news! You will do great, I'm sure. I'm so happy for you and your bright future. Congratulations!! :)

CQ, congrats about the job! I hope it works out in every way. And I'm glad that you're feeling happy and healthy!

Thanks everyone,
I had my 1st day at my work Today & it went really well. Everyone was really nice & they have cool senses of humor which is great because I have a warped humor.

I get nervous easily but surprisingly wasn't to nervous Today, more excited then anything lol.

Aw, that's awesome! Congratulations on a successful first day! I'm glad you liked it and they seemed to get on well with you! If you're excited more than nervous that's even better so kudos for you! Go get 'em! :)

Thank you for the PM, CQ.. I have the right thread, at last!

I'm so pleased for you! Don't get too tired so you forget us here! :)

No problems Nick.
I usually find the time to come in here even if it's just a quick look at the posts.
My best friend & sister both told me I'll appreciate weekends more now I am working Full Time lol.

How's the job going? Well I hope :)
The jobs going great Nick & I'm still enjoying it.
There is always plenty of work to do because my co workers have big work loads so they pass me some of the smaller or easier stuff to do. I like that because I am doing a variety of tasks & no time to get bored lol.

Great news, CQ. I'm so happy for you. I'm hoping to get into admin when I am well. I have an OCR Dip Level 3 in Text Processing, and a modest level 2 NVQ in Administration. Unfortunately I have little experience - just a short placement at college to obtain some of the units for my NVQ. I can only dream of you in my ideal workplace - the office! While I'm out of work perhaps I should update my ITQ qualifications.. I obtained mine in 2004 and with little practice, I'm not up to speed.

Keep doing well.. if they give you too much to do then send some my way! LOL! :)

Back
Top Bottom