Pretty happy right now :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm so pleased things are going well for you CQ. It must be interesting seeing the building work behind the paperwork. Early nights are a good idea when you are working. Keep us updated :)

Woot woot woot. Glad it's working out so well for you. The opportunities for site visits sounds awesome and must be a fantastic opportunity to concrete everything else you're learning.

Q

Great to hear that things are going so well CQ! The job seems perfect. It's a plus that the work is interesting and the owners are nice...

Hi all,

Everything is still going well at work & still loving my job. We have been really busy lately so my work load is increasing as I learn new things.
The office manager keeps telling me if I find they are giving me to much work to let her know & they will reduce it. I told her it's fine, Im handling the work load really well & actually prefer to have plenty to do instead of not having much to do.

In my last update I mentioned that I was starting to learn the building side of the job. For the last month either the boss or the office manager have been taking me out to a block which is currently in the very early stages of being built. When the boss takes me to see the progress of the house he also takes me to another house they're building nearby which is a little more complicated so he thought it would be good for me to watch it progress as well.
It is cool to see theses houses slowly being built so I get a better understanding of how everything is done.

On Saturday night I went to another work function which was a fundraiser event for a guy at works family. This guy has 3 small children, all of them have something wrong with them (either autism or cystic fibrosis). There is a charity organisation set up to help this guys family as well as other families who have children with medical issues/disabilities.

I have never been a sociable person & I don't really like crowds, I knew this event was probably going to be huge with lots of people there so the thought of being in a crowded place got me a bit nervous. I am slowly getting over my concerns with being in crowds & this job has helped me with my sociable skills. I knew I was going to stress about the function as it got closer but I also wanted to go to this fundraiser because it was for a good cause & I saw it as a challenge to see how I would go among a huge crowd.

There were some special guests which included 2 former AFL (Australian Football) players & 2 stand up comedians & there were live & silent auctions through out the night.
As I expected it was a huge night & the place it was held at was full, I wreckon there was at less 200 people there. I managed to survive the night with all the people around but I also didn't move from my seat all night lol. I don't know how much they raised but think they managed to raise a lot of money for the charity.

I still have the funny feelings, I usually have at less one a month but they are usually only small so don't normally affect what I am doing & usually happen when I'm at home.
I had another funny feeling last Tuesday night which happened while I was on the computer. It was similar to my other funny feelings but this time while I was still feeling funny I sent a couple of private messages to my friend in America which were sort of jibberish as they didn't make much sense.
I usually just write the funny feelings down in my journal but this was the 1st time I wrote jibberish during a funny feeling so I sent an email to my neuropsych explaining what happened (I sent her a copy of the jibberish I sent to my friend).
The neuropsych said she would speak to my neurologist & get back to me. When my neuropsych got back to me she said they noted that I was due to go back to the epilepsy clinic in March for another follow up, she said the neurologist would be happy to see me earlier if I preferred or wait until March. She said it was up to me what I prefer to do (go see the neurologist early or wait until March) as the neurologist was happy with whatever I decided.
I was happy to wait until March to see the neurologist so we've left it as it is but my neuropsych told me that if I feel I want to go see the neurologist earlier to just let her know & she will arrange it.
I'm sure the last funny feeling was just because I was getting myself worked up about the work function & the thought of the crowds.

I hope everyone else is going well

Last edited:
Hi all,

This is our last week at work for the year then we have 3 weeks break over Christmas & the new year.
We finish work on Friday at lunch time then we have our Christmas party later that afternoon. The office we are in has a big back yard so the Christmas party is going to be out the back & it is for staff, suppliers & subcontractors.
My bosses are family orientated & feel that the families have to put up with alot with us working full time so they are making it a family Christmas party. It is going to be kid friendly with stuff there for the kids. It is Summer here at the moment so it's been really hot, its supposed to be 40c (104f) on Friday. I think they are going to have some sprinklers going out the back for the kids to play in lol.

The last few weeks have been really busy as everyone is trying to get everything done before the end of the year. It was particularly busy & hectic last week but we seem to be back on track this week with everything pretty much up to date :).

I am so used to working full time & not being home much that I am sure I'll get bored over the holidays :roflmao:. I am going out to my parents place on the weekend & will be out there for a week & I told the people I used to volunteer with at the charity shop that I might call out there during my holidays to say hello.

I hope everyone has a good Christmas & 2014 is a good year :)
Yes I know Im early but not sure if I will have time to post before Christmas lol

Last edited:
No wonder you love working for that company; they sound wonderful! Long vacation and a Christmas backyard party :rock: Merry Christmas to you and yours, Em!

No wonder you love working for that company; they sound wonderful! Long vacation and a Christmas backyard party :rock: Merry Christmas to you and yours, Em!
Thanks Mel,

The reason why we are closed for 3 weeks is because a lot of the suppliers & subcontractors are closed over that time & a lot of the building industry breaks for a few weeks over Christmas/new year.

I don't like Christmas parties or crowds but Im looking forward to works because I know it will be fun. I told them if I find I'm not enjoying myself or had enough I'm coming back into the office to do some work :pfft:

I've told both my boss & his wife (the office manager) that they are the best people Ive worked for, even better than my voluntary work lol. This is the only job I have had pretty much no stress, I can joke around with them, my boss & some of the workers swear so I can even get away with swearing :roflmao: (we do have clients come in to do colors or to work out things with their contract so I only swear if there are no clients around).
I had a couple of small funny feelings last week which I put down to combination of not getting enough sleep (I was going to bed way to late) & being so busy at work I wanted to try to get as much done as I could.
By the middle of the week I was so tired that I ended up slowing down & taking my time doing things. I let the office manager know & she said no problem at all, take your time & never feel like you have to rush. I still managed to get all the bigger jobs done by early this week & just now need to do the tiny things eg - filing lol.

Last edited:
Good for you!!! Congratulations.
I hope you get the job.
Thanks niceguy,
I did get the job & have been there for 4 months.
I started this thread just after I had the interview but I use it to update on how work is going.

Enjoy the party! And the weather! We're getting our second dumping of snow this week...

Enjoy the party! And the weather! We're getting our second dumping of snow this week...
Thanks Nak,

We had our last day at work yesterday, we closed the office at 3:00pm but I had a few things I wanted to get done before I finished for the year so I finished up at 3:30pm.

It was really hot Yesterday, it got to about 42 degrees Celsius (approx 107f).
They had a few things for the kids including a jumping castle that looked like a tiger & a slip and slide, they just kept putting some dish washing liquid on the slip & slide to make it slippery & hosing it down for the kids lol.

I did stay inside in our lunch room most of the night because it was a lot cooler inside (we had the air conditioners going), plus I didn't know alot of the people as they were sub contractors or suppliers (Ive probably spoke to alot of them on the phone but hadn't met to many) & most of the food was inside lol.
The Christmas party started at 4pm & I got a lift home at 11:00pm, Im slowly getting used to the work functions where Im around crowds & being out late lol.

My boss joked with me the other day that they'll turn me into a social butterfly yet :roflmao:.

Last edited:
merry christmas to you my epilepsy and brain surgery friend... hugs to us for a seizure-free 2014! and you coming up on 3 years sz-free!! woot woot!

:hugs:

Wow thanks for posting that. I have been a bit too scared to try working again, but i do miss it. It makes one feel better in a general sense. Hearing you has inspired me more.

Hi all,
Time for another update lol
The end of February will be 6 months since I started my job but it feels longer (in a good way) lol.

I am still loving it & still learning heaps but am now at the stage where I can do most things without asking my co workers for help.

I am still going out onsite with my boss every couple of weeks to see the progress of the 2 houses I've been watching being built since they 1st started. It has been so cool watching the houses slowly progress & it will be great to see how they look when they are finished (which should be in a couple of months).
At the property behind where I live they are building 2 townhouses, they are still only in the very early stages of the build but every couple of nights after I get home I go out the back & peek over the fence to see how the build is progressing. I like to test myself & see how much I can remember by guessing what the next stage is.I often talk to the people at work about what each stage is just to clarify if I'm on the right track.

I am still having the funny feelings every month, I have at less 1 -2 funny feelings a month but they usually don't affect my daily life (can usually still do things while I feel funny) & about 80% of the time I have a rough idea of what the trigger might be (eg stress, over tired). I've noticed that I seem to be going longer between the funny feelings & so far the longest I've gone is 4 weeks & 2 days so like to think of that as a month which Im really happy with.
I am due to go back to the epilepsy clinic in March for another follow up appt with my neurologist. I don't have an actual date for my appt as of yet as the epilepsy clinic I go to only book their appts a month in advance so I am expecting to get a letter from the clinic in the next couple of weeks to ask me to ring them to make my appt.

I already have a couple of things I want to discuss with my neurologist, the main one is finding out what these funny feelings might be & working on reducing them.

Hope everyone else is going well & coping with the weather (whether its freezing cold or stinking hot lol)

Last edited:
Kind of amazing how much can change over the course of year, isn't it?

Kind of amazing how much can change over the course of year, isn't it?
:agree:
Im pretty happy with how my life is going at the moment but I refuse to say Ill never have a seizure again, because none of us know what will happen so just count each day seizure free as a good day :).

Last edited:
ditto! I am having a wild, chaotic time that is not easy but am in love (and that is for a year now). I am grateful too for all the joy i see on here as well

Back
Top Bottom