[News] Marijuana

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Marijauna

Its a great drug that could be used for so many things, but its not the answer to seizure control. It has anticonvolsant properties and helps Im sure of this. NEROFEEDBACK WAS DEVOPEPED BY N.A.S.A. IT WORKS. To bad the pharmicudical companys wont jump on board. Instead they feed us stuff that dosnt kill rats, it just causes all kinds of problems.

There mixing chemicals and molicules togeather that we (THEY), dont fully understand and guessing. You or I dont have to be the crash test dummie for this ride. Theres NEROFEEDBACK for us!!!

This is my opinion - If mj is effective for so many diseases or even if only for epilepsy, why is there no research in finding the active ingredient that makes that possible. Is it possible to separate that from the other effects of mj. When I have asked this question in the past, most are only interested in the mj, not in finding its beneficial ingredients for pain control, etc... Again, just my opinion, not condemning anyone.:ponder:

Hey Buckeye,
I'm no doctor but to my knowledge Tetrahydrocannabinol also known as THC is the active agent in mj. It is available in pill format, and testing has commenced into a spray. The pharmacutical companys are trying to say that it does not have the same "high" effect that smoking does and still provides the medical relief. However, I know of 2 people who were provide the pills, both said that the high was more pronounced with the pills, lasted longer, and was difficult to control. Both have choosen to return to smoking because they could regulate the dose better. Again only anecdotal information.

I dont think the THC would be the beneficial active ingredient. I think If the processed it differently, another property will show. sorta of like poppy seed. One way it is transformed into a hallucination-inducing street drug called opium, in dried form and eaten, it is great for tummy irregularity.

So I think we need to make it in a way that doesnt make you high. They have a synthetic man-made heroin, so why not a synthetic man-made pot?

Being a pot smoker for many years, I have to say that the high is the best part of Marijauna. Its that calming feeling that helps keep the excititory nerons in check in turn reducing seizure activity. Thats only 30+ years of experince and my thoughts.

I dont think the THC would be the beneficial active ingredient. I think If the processed it differently, another property will show. sorta of like poppy seed. One way it is transformed into a hallucination-inducing street drug called opium, in dried form and eaten, it is great for tummy irregularity.

So I think we need to make it in a way that doesnt make you high. They have a synthetic man-made heroin, so why not a synthetic man-made pot?
According to this report it exists in the US as well in the form of "Marinol".
(CBS) "Medical marijuana," the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration says, "already exists."

They don't just mean in California. A pill known as Marinol has been legal and approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use with a prescription anywhere in America since 1985.

It's active ingredient? Dronabinol, better known as THC, the primary psychoactive element of the cannabis plant.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/03/health/main5209380.shtml

Canada & the UK have a synthetic version called Sativex.
Approved by Health Canada under a licence with conditions (NOC/c) for prescription use[1] in April 2005, Sativex is the world's first pharmaceutical prescription medicine derived from the cannabis plant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sativex

Thanks for that info Eric. I guess that helps support my opinion as far as using it for a medication. I am rather surprised that this isn't more well known.

There are folks who claim that Marinol isn't a viable alternative:

Sorry for the political aspect of the video. The same guy in the wheel chair tried to meet all the candidates for President at the time, but this video was the one that had the clearest dialogue (that I saw anyway).

Weed

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind,it definatly works!!! I did my own medical trial as i said i would in a completely controlled environment,at first i took my pills to see what kind of reaction would happen,and i'm glad to say it was bugger all... The next day i tried without pills,still nothin!!! Medical marijuana or just a normal ass banky,the results are un questionable!!!:rock::woot:

Hi there RAE1889 could you kindly read this thread and give me your thoughts???

Dash, I Hope you tried taking your pills for longer than a day. Some meds can take a month before they start working.

I've actually been takin my meds for 21years now,and 9 times out of 10 if i miss a day i have a seizure...

There are folks who claim that Marinol isn't a viable alternative:

It makes sense that Marinol wouldn't be a viable alternative, since it only contains THC, and studies suggest that THC needs to be combined with CBD (cannabidiol) for it to be effective. Both chemicals are found naturally in marijuana in different amounts depending on the strain.

Sativex sounds like it may be a more effective med, since it contains both CBD and THC.

We are not rats we are humans, and I completely support this method. You wait and see they will make it legalized though just to make a buck. Rediculous. It is a herbal medicine. Its not man made like all the other chemicals we put in our body for seizure control. Does any agree?

Last edited:
Im all about natural thing,Weed is good and is proven to have anticonvolsant properties. Dont want to sound like a broken record but nerofeedback uses only sound and light waves, both natural!

I love weed and everything (as many as you can tell by my posts), but after completely smoking my mind out this past week I feel anxious, slightly paranoid, and dissociated. It has its drawbacks people, although I realize everyone is different.

On a positive note I haven't had one aura this week! It's almost like there is a spectrum of sorts for me where if I'm having auras I'm mentally stable (no anxiety, depression, delusions etc.), but if I have perfect control then I get almost borderline psychotic at times. Also, the difference between me and schizophrenics and other people suffering similar disorders is that I always have insight and most of the time it's short lived.

But the whole point of this rant is just take it in moderation I guess if you've had a history of anxiety and/or a family history of mental disorders.

I love weed and everything (as many as you can tell by my posts), but after completely smoking my mind out this past week I feel anxious, slightly paranoid, and dissociated. It has its drawbacks people, although I realize everyone is different.

On a positive note I haven't had one aura this week! It's almost like there is a spectrum of sorts for me where if I'm having auras I'm mentally stable (no anxiety, depression, delusions etc.), but if I have perfect control then I get almost borderline psychotic at times. Also, the difference between me and schizophrenics and other people suffering similar disorders is that I always have insight and most of the time it's short lived.

But the whole point of this rant is just take it in moderation I guess if you've had a history of anxiety and/or a family history of mental disorders.

I don't smoke it for precisely those reasons. As far as your experiences go, all I can say is -- everything in moderation. Smoke it when you feel you need it, not when you got it ;)

Try putting your marijauna in a brownie mix, for me it alot stronger.When I eat some I have no desire to smoke it at all.

Back
Top Bottom