Brain Slows At 40?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Shelley

Veteran
Reaction score
Found this when surfing something else online:
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/11/03/brain-decline-age.html

At least there is some good news to be had from this article: And while that may sound depressing, keep reading. The research points to yet another reason to stay physically and mentally active: An exercised brain may spot fraying insulation quicker and signal for repair cells to get to work.

Comments?:brain:

Last edited:
Hmmmm?............................

Comments?:brain:

Yeah I got comments...........it's rude to write articles about me!...he he.
:paperbag:

Seriously, that is an interesting find Shelley.
:rock:

granny

You been called gramps yet?
Did you answer eh? I don't get cramps sonny boy.
It all goes when we hit 40.
shelley-albums-10-silly-stuff-picture166-victorias-secret.jpg

Hmmmm

I don't know that he's gonna answer ya, Shelley.

:bigmouth::bigsmile::roflmao:

I LOVE doing Sudoku puzzles for a reason.....

Now just a minute here .....

HEY!

I'm way over 40+, and I've been told to
SLOW DOWN! Oh wait, you're talking about
brains here? Ummm - Hold on - let me wait
until my brain catches up with my body...

Hmmmm......

::: tapping on keyboard :::::

(hums)

**** YAWNS ****

Maybe I better get back with you on this
tomorrow!

:pfft:

Yaaaay, I still got 150 days left of having a chance to be brainy ! :rock:

PS. I figured that out using my head ;-)

PS. I figured that out using my head ;-)

Show-off :pfft:

Well, I've done Sudoku puzzles and even purchased one of those "MENSA" trivia books... anybody seen them laying around? :ponder:

I'm sure if we found them, I'd have proof my brain and memory function perfectly. :roflmao:

-Julie

P.S. Thanks Shelley for the read.

and even purchased one of those "MENSA" trivia books... anybody seen them laying around? :ponder:

Talk to my son's girl about that one,
she keeps running off with mine, and
most likely, she must have ran off with
everyone else's too! ( I don't know how
but I'm pretty sure she did it! )

:agree: :roflmao: :noevil:

But nonetheless, I'm having to go in there
and get my books back!

*sigh*

:?

Talk to my son's girl about that one,
she keeps running off with mine, and
most likely, she must have ran off with
everyone else's too! ( I don't know how
but I'm pretty sure she did it! )

Nah Sharon...she can keep them. If I got them back there would be evidence to prove my brain is completely fried. :noevil:

Hey, but just out of curiosity, if you go in her room to get back your books and find about 32 socks without a match, would you let me know? :ponder:
I am seriously considering the dryer "eats" my socks theory. :roflmao:
Which proves my brain is definitely slowing. :agree:

Thanks for the laugh. -Julie

Hey, but just out of curiosity, if you go in her room to get back your books and find about 32 socks without a match, would you let me know? :ponder:
I am seriously considering the dryer "eats" my socks theory. :roflmao:
Which proves my brain is definitely slowing. :agree:

Thanks for the laugh. -Julie

BUT IT IS A FACT!

DRYERS DO EAT SOCKS!

mbcn866l.jpg

Well, I've done Sudoku puzzles and even purchased one of those "MENSA" trivia books... anybody seen them laying around? :ponder:

I'm sure if we found them, I'd have proof my brain and memory function perfectly. :roflmao:

-Julie

P.S. Thanks Shelley for the read.

:roflmao:

Let's just say I have a very strong memory for all things weird. I can just recall most things as if they happened Yesterday, and as for spelling....ask the girls I used to work with on that - they used to use me as the dictionary.....just call me Rainman from now on. :rock:

:roflmao:

Let's just say I have a very strong memory for all things weird. I can just recall most things as if they happened Yesterday, and as for spelling....ask the girls I used to work with on that - they used to use me as the dictionary.....just call me Rainman from now on. :rock:
brain.....yoohoo....brain???? Ptttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!! OOOPS!! Sorry, I had a brain fart - I forgot what a brain was - I forget everything. Over 40?? Hey, wait til you are over 50!!!! Say waht???what??? Did you say something??? what were we talking about??? where am i??? I?? who am I?? HHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP????!!!!????

oh, um, so sorry, I was having a moment. (giggle)

Cya.

brain.....yoohoo....brain???? Ptttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!! OOOPS!! Sorry, I had a brain fart - I forgot what a brain was - I forget everything. Over 40?? Hey, wait til you are over 50!!!! Say waht???what??? Did you say something??? what were we talking about??? where am i??? I?? who am I?? HHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP????!!!!????

Cya.

:roflmao: Gail! Welcome, by the way!

Hey Rainman...how many toothpicks did I just spill?...tell me that and you've earned your title! :banana: :pfft:

Breathe everyone breathe. Oxygen to the brain. I am 43. I remembered that. My mother works out everyday has an awesome body and brain. So ladies lets show those men up.My mom just married a man 12 years younger than her. She is 67.

And I'm 46 but behaves like 3

:agree: Sharon, but that's what makes you fun!

"Breathe everyone breathe. Oxygen to the brain. I am 43."

Are you kidding me? I thought you were twenty-something! Is that just an exceptionally good picture of you or are you really wrinkle-free? :ponder:

Well heck, I guess I'm gonna have to try this "breathing" thing.
Peer pressure. :paperbag:

-Julie

:agree: Sharon, but that's what makes you fun!

"Breathe everyone breathe. Oxygen to the brain. I am 43."

Are you kidding me? I thought you were twenty-something! Is that just an exceptionally good picture of you or are you really wrinkle-free? :ponder:

Well heck, I guess I'm gonna have to try this "breathing" thing.
Peer pressure. :paperbag:

-Julie
Not totally awake so I just might be saner than usual........naw.

Speaking of breathing:

2 TRUE HEALTH TIPS:

#1: if you are straining on the potty, do NOT hold your breath, BREATH, even if you sound like a lady in labor

==my husband strained and died on the potty== true

#2: if you have chest pains, like a heart attack, start coughing, every cough works like CPR == true==

I try to always tell those 2 tips to all people, might save your life one day.

My excessive happiness ("Patch Adams") did what I knew would happen, had a big aura, went to bathroom, went to bed, put on my O2 and CPAP and mouth guard and zonk, I reckon I fell asleep.

Sleep apnea is a killer - so I use CPAP.

I always griped cause my husband snored and snorted, I gained weight and could suck the walls in snoring!!

Learned I had sleep apnea.

Yes, my dears, as usual Gail is rambling on and on and on.....

oops.

Have a fab day!!

God bless ya'll.

Let me drink Carey's coffee, I'll either wake up or go potty ....lol

His coffee is SO strong - I HATE it - only use it for the above 2 purposes, medicinal only.

I prefer tea, or cocoa, or food, or sweets, or shrimp, or.....oops....sorry, I am a compulsive eater.

What was the topic??

OH, Breathe, good thing to do.

have a great day, the goofster is saying byedybyebye for now......:smile:

Wait till next year Brain - I am living proof that 47 looks OLD!!! :roflmao:

Cya.

WAIT A MINUTE! I'm over 50! But I forgot..... fifty something..... another brain fart......oh well..... life goes on and I'm still here!
BTW, Gail Lynn, Welcome.

I find the article interesting. I do have to stay active physically because in addition to epilepsy I have Type I diabetes and that can lead to it's own slew of problems, High BP, cholesterol, blindness, losing limbs and on the list goes. So I try to stay young.

It's all in the head. :brain: :ponder:

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom