Low Glycemic Index Treatment versus GARD diets

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Bernard,
So do you think ( just your opinion of course) that the Low Glycemic Diet is better than the G.A.R.D.?
Marian

A low glycemic index / sugar busters diet has proved better for Stacy, but she has been borderline hypoglycemic all her life, so she is sensitive to spikes in blood sugar.

The LGIT diet has the benefit of having been studied in a controlled scientific manner with measurable results. The GARD diet has not. I don't think one can say if one diet is better for seizure control than the other at this point.

For me it makes sense to use them together.
I don't understand how you can have controlled scientific results from either. No two bodies are the same. My choices are based on reading the facts on both, understanding the information and using common sense, about what is healthy for my daughter (and family) to consume. It also seems that The Paleo Diet is similar too. http://www.thepaleodiet.com/

Our bodies have not evolved to where they function on simple carbs, soda, sugars in un-natural sources. We were created to eat fresh, mostly raw, and a variety of untreated foods. So why not just call it the Original Diet.

IMO we have only touched the tip of the iceberg with the dietary and toxic diseases we are beginning to see in greater numbers. I had a grandmother, a father, and an uncle all from different sides of the family with parkinsons disease. My mother was just diagnosed with breast cancer at 86, and a good friend with lung cancer at 53.

Our medical world has found treatments, but what about finding the causes. Who is watching out there?

Back
Top Bottom