NEEG start of day 3

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Does this sound strange to anyone else?

We start out normal
something happens
They test us
They say we have seizures
They give us awful mind altering meds with psychotic side effects
They retest us
They decide we don't have seizures
They decrease our meds (which takes weeks to clear our systems, a fact ignored)
They say we're crazy
And send in a shrink

I see an awful lot of they's, which is contradictory to them telling us these are psychosomatic/psychogenic...

I just can't get a grasp on this type of healthcare. As an RN, I want to believe in the good in doctors. An intrinsic desire to help people. ??? I'm concerned that epilepsy and seizures are as much a puzzle to the doctors as it is to us. Scary thoughts. But to put patients through this ringer, is in my mind, equatable to torture! Its disheartening.

My psych told me that when the doctors don't know and dont get along we wount know.
I dont know if it's becuase the doctors are to busy fighting and not working together to figure things out, because there too busy fighting and not working together.
Also, julie I know what your talking about honestly the health care is going down hill the doctors and nurses are treating people like crap and I m tired of hearing people and me being treated like shit. I wish we could do something.
I just wish doc and nurses would care, not judge people so much, listen, and not be afraid to stand up if the doc or anyone is not treating the patients right.
I wanted to be a doctor but now I dont want people to think badly about me becuase the doctors are treating people now.
I m not saying anyone personally bad about you but I guess I just had to vent.

I don't take offence at all. I am proud of the RN I was. A patient advocate first and foremost. That's why this is all so foriengn to me... to hear these stories is heartbreaking. I want to help us all, but hands are tied. Its good we have each other to talk to.

I think the docs have lost the ability and/or the time to really listen.

Back
Top Bottom