Should I Show This To My Neurologist Or Not?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a seizure this morning and my husband told me that he heard a big band on the wall, so he came in and saw me having a seizure.
His mother told him to grab my phone a video it so we can show it to my neurologist.
I really don't want to show this to him. I don't want him to think that I'm faking.
Do I look like I'm faking? If you cant see that I was drooling and I did pee myself. this seizure was small.
Any comments will help

Clink on link:

I would definitely show him that...
Eyes open and rolled back, urination, drooling, and the sounds you make when your diaphragm spasms... those all look epileptic in origin to me.
Of course, I'm not a neurologist... but I think you should show him/her this video. :)

I didnt know you made noises when your diaphram spasms. Is that a bad thing, what does it mean?
I just don't want anyone to think I m faking it.

I would definitely show him that...
Eyes open and rolled back, urination, drooling, and the sounds you make when your diaphragm spasms... those all look epileptic in origin to me.
Of course, I'm not a neurologist... but I think you should show him/her this video. :)
:agree:

I think you should show your neurologist the next time you see them.

Looks quite similar to my seizures. Definitely show him. I've gotten to a point where I get my husband to record as many seizures as he can, since mine vary so wildly. Just need to get him to film me when my legs go. Apparently not having any balance Anne not being able to hold my weight on my legs it's not seizure activity.

I didnt know you made noises when your diaphram spasms. Is that a bad thing, what does it mean?
I just don't want anyone to think I m faking it.
That spasm forces air in and out of your lungs, making a distinct noise. It's not a bad thing and it's not dangerous, it's just the muscle spasming - however it's extremely hard to fake.

definately show him it. that way he can see how much help you really need.

Of course you should show him. If anything it could bring some answers and a direct diagnosis. Maybe it will suggest a new med to try!

May I ask you something? And this is coming from someone going through the whole psychogenic vs epileptic seizures....so I really do understand what you're going through.

What is your fear if they do label it psychogenic?
I know what my fears are. Poor prognosis since I've been in ICU "psuedostatus" and intabated, dealing with the stigma attached to a mental illness when I really don't feel I have one, and also dealing with poor hospital treatment from the medical world who don't know how to treat or handle them. Also, if it is epileptic and they label them "fake" then I'm not getting the help I need.

But psychogenic seizures are real. They aren't fake. THey just aren't epileptic.

I'm only asking because we're going through the same thing in a way. I hope this didn't make you angry.

Of course you should show him. If anything it could bring some answers and a direct diagnosis. Maybe it will suggest a new med to try!

May I ask you something? And this is coming from someone going through the whole psychogenic vs epileptic seizures....so I really do understand what you're going through.

What is your fear if they do label it psychogenic?
I know what my fears are. Poor prognosis since I've been in ICU "psuedostatus" and intabated, dealing with the stigma attached to a mental illness when I really don't feel I have one, and also dealing with poor hospital treatment from the medical world who don't know how to treat or handle them. Also, if it is epileptic and they label them "fake" then I'm not getting the help I need.

But psychogenic seizures are real. They aren't fake. THey just aren't epileptic.

I'm only asking because we're going through the same thing in a way. I hope this didn't make you angry.

I don't really understand what your saying. If you want to talk you can msg me.

I just meant that fake seizures can be real too.
Just different.

I'm sure yours are "real" though.

I hope you get the help you need.

Back
Top Bottom