Coping With Epilepsy Matthew's Friends
Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Getting Comfortable

There is a cure for epilepsy...

Many years ago I read in one of Adele Davis's books that epilepsy was due to a lack of magnesium. She recommended Epsom Salts....half a teaspoonful in a little orange juice every morning.

I had a friend with epilepsy, having grand mal fits every day and on the strongest orthodox drugs. I asked her if she would try the Epsom Salts and she agreed.

From the first day of taking it she never had another fit for three weeks. She walked into her doctor at her next appointment and told him she was "fine" and explained why. He told her if she did not stop "this nonsense" he would take her off his books!! She listened to him, and the fits came back.

I had been inspired though, so I put a small advert in the papers and people kept ringing up....it worked every time! I was asked to give a talk at a clinic in London, and the room was full, including three doctors. Two of them left straight afterwards, but one stayed behind and he said he was going to recommend the Salts to his patients.

You cannot lose....its harmless, and it works!!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Your Host
Recent Blog: Oh poop

Thanked 2,290 Times in 817 Posts
Hi Jualsy, nice to see you here again. You already started a thread on this subject:

Original Magnesium cure/therapy thread
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

Would you like to help support this forum?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:04 AM
New Here

this is very encouraging. My bf`s daughter has seizures and I will tell him to try this ty and God Bless
Old 09-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Recent Blog: Lots of giggin'!...

Thumbs up

Always glad to hear about alternatives I didn't know existed!.....this is EXACTLY why I come to this forum!
Thanks for posting a link to the thread Bernard, I'm checking it out.
Peace.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator / Super Mom

Send a message via Yahoo to RobinN
This is being recommended on another neurological site that I frequent. I don't know if it is used as a method to help reduce toxins in the system, or it is the magnesium that is helpful. I know that magnesium helps my migraines to the point of non-existence. They recommend these baths after swimming in chlorine. As well as to help process phenols.

http://www.danasview.net/phenol.htm

I would just add a word of warning. Baths are extremely dangerous for those with seizure disorders. Caution should be used. Balance is the hard part, as when I have used this method with my teen. Of course privacy is wanted, but a year ago a 14 yr old in our area, drown in the bath while having a seizure.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Thanks Jualsy: The more alternative info available the better we all are !!!!!!!

I hope your friend went back on the salts once he realized it kept him under control.

Riva
Old 09-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator / VNS Guru

Originally Posted by Jualsy View Post:
Many years ago I read in one of Adele Davis's books that epilepsy was due to a lack of magnesium. She recommended Epsom Salts....half a teaspoonful in a little orange juice every morning.

I had a friend with epilepsy, having grand mal fits every day and on the strongest orthodox drugs. I asked her if she would try the Epsom Salts and she agreed.

From the first day of taking it she never had another fit for three weeks. She walked into her doctor at her next appointment and told him she was "fine" and explained why. He told her if she did not stop "this nonsense" he would take her off his books!! She listened to him, and the fits came back.

I had been inspired though, so I put a small advert in the papers and people kept ringing up....it worked every time! I was asked to give a talk at a clinic in London, and the room was full, including three doctors. Two of them left straight afterwards, but one stayed behind and he said he was going to recommend the Salts to his patients.

You cannot lose....its harmless, and it works!!

Making blanket statements such as this is very misleading. There are many causes of epilepsy. A daily dose of Epsom salts will NOT cure brain injuries, tumors, malformations, and disease. It MAY correct SOME mineral imbalances that might be the root of a seizure disorder.

http://www.vnsmessageboard.com

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
(Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Birdbomb For This Useful Post:
epileric (11-16-2014), Idahoseashell (07-03-2013), nicholas:) (08-03-2013)
Old 09-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Your Host

Thanks Birdbomb. I said something similar in the original thread, but I think it needed to be said in this thread too.
New to CWE? I suggest reading the proactive prescription and epilepsy 101 threads. Also check out this chart of alternative epilepsy treatments and this page on EEG Neurofeedback. More great stuff can be found in the list of the best forum threads.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
nicholas:) (08-03-2013)
Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator / VNS Guru

What may cure one, may kill another. ALWAYS check with your doctor befor undertaking ANY new treatment.

http://www.vnsmessageboard.com

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
(Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

Last edited by Birdbomb; 09-23-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: cause I wanted to
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Birdbomb For This Useful Post:
epileric (10-13-2013), nicholas:) (08-03-2013)
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Joined the Party

Yea if it were that easy then I think I would have heard something from the many neurologists that I have seen.
The Following User Says Thank You to vtsammy For This Useful Post:
nicholas:) (08-03-2013)
Old 09-26-2007, 02:00 PM

vtsammy - my daughters first neurologist when specifically asked Could this seizure activity be caused by hormones? He said No. When asked Could this seizure be caused by Nutritional deficiencies he said No.
The second neurologist when asked about bioidentical hormones being given to a patient that has catamenial seizures said emphatically No child of this age EVER should be given hormones of this type.

I am sorry but doctors are human and don't always keep well informed about what is important to me. They also don't go home at night to research that which is important to me. It is up to me to keep my family healthy, and to be proactive in that care. I will discuss with my doctors what I have learned, but to take their advice as being gospel, well.. that day is long gone ... For me at least.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobinN For This Useful Post:
Idahoseashell (07-03-2013), Jeannie (10-08-2012)
Old 09-26-2007, 04:58 PM

Well... Rebecca had another seizure today, at lunch... out in the quad at HS. I can't even imagine. So I really do wish there was a cure.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Your Host

I wish all the best.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:21 PM

Sorry to hear that Robin, did Rebecca cheat? Or is the diet not holding her?

Have you thought about seeing a Homepathy Dr to help Rebecca ?

The combo of diet and homeopathy may be just what she needs.

Wishing Rebecca a seizure free life!!!!!!!

Riva
Old 09-26-2007, 05:36 PM

I am considering all sorts of options. Searching now for some names of doctors. A friend was working in the health office at school today (the parents act as daily nurse helpers.. my day is Friday) and she grew up in India. We also were talking about this form of therapy.

As for the cheating, I don't believe she did. More likely ovulation.. but what do I know.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:43 PM

Did she tell you abou the site on internet that is run by a Dr in India?

You can also check if there's a homeopathy school where you live and you can contact them. You can either see their profs or see the graduating class with their prof? You can also check in the yellow pages and free newspapers where they would adverise.

Wishing you the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riva
Old 09-26-2007, 05:59 PM

No she did not mention a website. What she did was suggest that I call her doctor in Bombay and have a consult. I am not crazy about that idea. I would rather find someone nearby that I can ask questions of, and see if it is right for Rebecca.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:14 PM

Than look up a homeopathy school in the yellow pages

Check the free newspapers for advertising from homepathy Drs

Check to see if you have a Alternatives magazine where alot of the homeopathic
Drs and acupuncturist advertise.

Riva
Old 09-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Your Host

Take a deep breath Riva! Not everyone is ready for homeopathy. That route takes a firm commitment.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Alternative Research Encyclopedia

Below is a link to one a book on magnesium and its chapter on seizures. It is really important to be careful of too much magnesium also. Caution in the bath, as RobinN wrote, is also necessary.
I suggest read this with a critical eye, because magnesium deficiency would not account for all seizures. There's an example of children improving on their seizures with magnesium, but another little recognized cause of seizures is vitamin D deficiency which can impair mineral absorption too. I used magnesium and it seemed to help the very chronic ringing in my ears.
Zoe

Magnesium, The Nutrient That Could Change Your Life: Chapter 7 ...Barnett did not start out to investigate a relationship between magnesium and epilepsy. He says, "My original work was directed toward the role of magnesium ...
http://www.mgwater.com/rod07.shtml

Zoe

"One should never believe any experiment until it has been proven by theory."--Sir Authur Eddington