There is a cure for epilepsy...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Jualsy

Reaction score
Many years ago I read in one of Adele Davis's books that epilepsy was due to a lack of magnesium. She recommended Epsom Salts....half a teaspoonful in a little orange juice every morning.

I had a friend with epilepsy, having grand mal fits every day and on the strongest orthodox drugs. I asked her if she would try the Epsom Salts and she agreed.

From the first day of taking it she never had another fit for three weeks. She walked into her doctor at her next appointment and told him she was "fine" and explained why. He told her if she did not stop "this nonsense" he would take her off his books!! She listened to him, and the fits came back.

I had been inspired though, so I put a small advert in the papers and people kept ringing up....it worked every time! I was asked to give a talk at a clinic in London, and the room was full, including three doctors. Two of them left straight afterwards, but one stayed behind and he said he was going to recommend the Salts to his patients.

You cannot lose....its harmless, and it works!!

:brock:this is very encouraging. My bf`s daughter has seizures and I will tell him to try this ty and God Bless

Always glad to hear about alternatives I didn't know existed!.....this is EXACTLY why I come to this forum!
Thanks for posting a link to the thread Bernard, I'm checking it out.
Peace.

This is being recommended on another neurological site that I frequent. I don't know if it is used as a method to help reduce toxins in the system, or it is the magnesium that is helpful. I know that magnesium helps my migraines to the point of non-existence. They recommend these baths after swimming in chlorine. As well as to help process phenols.

http://www.danasview.net/phenol.htm

I would just add a word of warning. Baths are extremely dangerous for those with seizure disorders. Caution should be used. Balance is the hard part, as when I have used this method with my teen. Of course privacy is wanted, but a year ago a 14 yr old in our area, drown in the bath while having a seizure.

Thanks Jualsy: The more alternative info available the better we all are !!!!!!!

I hope your friend went back on the salts once he realized it kept him under control.

Riva

Many years ago I read in one of Adele Davis's books that epilepsy was due to a lack of magnesium. She recommended Epsom Salts....half a teaspoonful in a little orange juice every morning.

I had a friend with epilepsy, having grand mal fits every day and on the strongest orthodox drugs. I asked her if she would try the Epsom Salts and she agreed.

From the first day of taking it she never had another fit for three weeks. She walked into her doctor at her next appointment and told him she was "fine" and explained why. He told her if she did not stop "this nonsense" he would take her off his books!! She listened to him, and the fits came back.

I had been inspired though, so I put a small advert in the papers and people kept ringing up....it worked every time! I was asked to give a talk at a clinic in London, and the room was full, including three doctors. Two of them left straight afterwards, but one stayed behind and he said he was going to recommend the Salts to his patients.

You cannot lose....its harmless, and it works!!

Making blanket statements such as this is very misleading. There are many causes of epilepsy. A daily dose of Epsom salts will NOT cure brain injuries, tumors, malformations, and disease. It MAY correct SOME mineral imbalances that might be the root of a seizure disorder.

Thanks Birdbomb. I said something similar in the original thread, but I think it needed to be said in this thread too. :hi5:

What may cure one, may kill another. ALWAYS check with your doctor befor undertaking ANY new treatment.

Last edited:
Yea if it were that easy then I think I would have heard something from the many neurologists that I have seen.

vtsammy - my daughters first neurologist when specifically asked Could this seizure activity be caused by hormones? He said No. When asked Could this seizure be caused by Nutritional deficiencies he said No.
The second neurologist when asked about bioidentical hormones being given to a patient that has catamenial seizures said emphatically No child of this age EVER should be given hormones of this type.

I am sorry but doctors are human and don't always keep well informed about what is important to me. They also don't go home at night to research that which is important to me. It is up to me to keep my family healthy, and to be proactive in that care. I will discuss with my doctors what I have learned, but to take their advice as being gospel, well.. that day is long gone ... For me at least.

Well... Rebecca had another seizure today, at lunch... out in the quad at HS. I can't even imagine. So I really do wish there was a cure.

Sorry to hear that Robin, did Rebecca cheat? Or is the diet not holding her?

Have you thought about seeing a Homepathy Dr to help Rebecca ?

The combo of diet and homeopathy may be just what she needs.

Wishing Rebecca a sz free life!!!!!!!

Riva

I am considering all sorts of options. Searching now for some names of doctors. A friend was working in the health office at school today (the parents act as daily nurse helpers.. my day is Friday) and she grew up in India. We also were talking about this form of therapy.

As for the cheating, I don't believe she did. More likely ovulation.. but what do I know.

Did she tell you abou the site on internet that is run by a Dr in India?

You can also check if there's a homeopathy school where you live and you can contact them. You can either see their profs or see the graduating class with their prof? You can also check in the yellow pages and free newspapers where they would adverise.

Wishing you the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riva

No she did not mention a website. What she did was suggest that I call her doctor in Bombay and have a consult. I am not crazy about that idea. I would rather find someone nearby that I can ask questions of, and see if it is right for Rebecca.

Than look up a homeopathy school in the yellow pages

Check the free newspapers for advertising from homepathy Drs

Check to see if you have a Alternatives magazine where alot of the homeopathic
Drs and acupuncturist advertise.

Riva

Take a deep breath Riva! :lol: Not everyone is ready for homeopathy. That route takes a firm commitment.

Below is a link to one a book on magnesium and its chapter on seizures. It is really important to be careful of too much magnesium also. Caution in the bath, as RobinN wrote, is also necessary.
I suggest read this with a critical eye, because magnesium deficiency would not account for all seizures. There's an example of children improving on their seizures with magnesium, but another little recognized cause of seizures is vitamin D deficiency which can impair mineral absorption too. I used magnesium and it seemed to help the very chronic ringing in my ears.
Zoe

Magnesium, The Nutrient That Could Change Your Life: Chapter 7 ...Barnett did not start out to investigate a relationship between magnesium and epilepsy. He says, "My original work was directed toward the role of magnesium ...
http://www.mgwater.com/rod07.shtml

Back
Top Bottom