1 Month

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

flinnigan

New
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around lately. I promised my self I wouldn't become one of those healthy people who disappear 'cause they feel better and I won't. I've been checking in and reading but not posting because I've been very tired. My nurse spanked me over the phone for over doing it so I laid low for a while which I always find makes me more tired. Getting back in the loop this week.

Its been just over a month since my temporal lobe resection and not one seizure. I'm feeling amazingly well. Barely even a headache. A lot of weird shooting pains around the incision then 24 hours later the feeling comes back to that part of my scalp. The human body is an amazing thing how well we heal ourselves.

I had read other posts from surgical patients who had severe headaches and was prepared for the worst but low and behold nothing. I'd take this over a post ictal headache any day. My jaw and my neck hurt more than anything. I had a pre existing problem there that surgery irritated, but getting better. The worst part of all was the morphine they give you in ICU. That is awful stuff and I'll never touch it again.

Glad to talk to you guys again. I promise I won't disappear. I hope I can help others through this awful thing.

Woohoo! Sounds like good news all around so far. :woot:

Yeahhhh!!!

I'm soooo glad to hear that things went well for you!!! YIPPEE!!!:clap::clap::bigsmile:

(((flinnigan)))

It's so good to hear you are doing well. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and here's to staying well for a long time!

Enjoy it, you certainly deserve that great feeling.

:clap: Woo-Hoo!!! Keep going....

Maybe we should have an anniversary party when you've gone a year without.

:clap: Woo-Hoo!!! Keep going....

Maybe we should have an anniversary party when you've gone a year without.

That's a great idea for sure.

I was just thinking about this for my wife too. Doing a party for her on her 6 month anniversary because she hasn't driven for almost a year and it's going to be a huge thing for her to be able to again. A little over a month and she's there. :rock:

Kinda like AA. I was wondering if I have to introduce myself as "Hi I'm Paula and I have Epilepsy. I havent had a seizure in 46 days" and do I get a button on each big anniversary?

I see no reason why you shouldn't get a button. It's always great to be seizure free for any length of time.

I agree, maybe they could sell 1 month 3 month 6 month and then each year after buttons here.

Haha. I can imagine how that conversation with my wife would go.

Here I got you this button for 6 months seizure free. She would call me a retard and throw it away.

Maybe it'd be worth it just for that alone. She's a spunky one, she is. We get along very well because we're both shoot from the hip kind of people. Probably the only thing in common between us.

Thats great, thanks for the chuckle. I guess not everyone is as warped as me and those buttons could piss some off.

Something is always going to piss some one of. Don't worry about it. Just do what makes YOU happy.

Yeah!!!!

I'm soooooo happy for you, Paula!!! That's the best news anyone could hope for!!!:clap::clap::woot::woot:

Back
Top Bottom