12 yr old w/benign rolandic seizure disorder

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ponz10

New
Reaction score
Hello I am new to this web site and I am finding it really helpful. I have a 12yr old son that was diagnosed with Benign Rolandic Seizure disorder last year. He has had 3 nocturnal seizures that we know of. He had one last nite, my question is, does anyone know if dogs are tuned into seizures. Our new dog was acting really strange right before the seizure. Also, if anyone has the same disorder, do you find yourself getting extremely warm before the seizure? Any answers would help. Thank you!

Welcome ponz10

I'm glad you see this site as helpful & I'm Glad you could join us.

I don't have Benign Rolandic Seizures but I went through a phase where I wished all my seizures would be nocturnal, that way they wouldn't disturb my life when I was awake. Truth I found out is that I just don't get enough sleep when they're nocturnal.

I think it's also great that your dog can sense the seizures. You might be able to train him/her to be more helpful when they're most needed.

Hi ponz10, welcome to CWE!

I know at least one CWE member has a companion dog to help her out. You might want to check out this thread:
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/dogs-who-can-predict-siezures-1007/

People with seizure disorders often experience either spikes or drops in temperature, probably due to the involvement of the autonomic nervous system. Here's another thread to check out: http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/body-temperature-change-before-seizure-7376/

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom