157 Days

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

salsa-mad

New
Reaction score
I had a nocturnal seizure in the early hours of Friday morning (after 157 seizure-free days). I woke up from a nightmare and felt like I’d been hit my a train. I managed to get dressed for work but stood at the front door for ages, totally spaced out, unable to reach for the handle.

I decided it would be wise not to leave the house... thankfully my boss is very understanding when I call her and sob down the phone :) I spent the day on the sofa, staring into space.

Oh well. 2.5 days seizure free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<<hugs>>
You get your hopes up and then...WHAM. Epilepsy can be especially cruel that way.

Any chance you can identify a trigger for the seizure? Regardless, I hope you can take it easy for a bit, and that you start to feel better soon.

Thank you for the hug!

No common trigger that we can find. I have had them at all times of day and night and month. Flashing lights and 3D films make me feel a bit sick but have never triggered a seizure. Weirdly the film ‘Gravity’ set me off. I think it was to do with the constantly-moving cinematography. It made my head go ‘whooshy’ and I ended up on the floor in the foyer (I never fall on the floor. I always have the presence of mind to sit myself down). Also randomly, the lines on the laminate floor in a shop once when the floor went from flat to a slight slope and the way the lines changed slightly confused my brain and again I ended up sitting on the floor!

I used to have a problem with chlorine, but that seems to have stopped, which is good because I now work in a hospital so it is a common smell!

According to my Neurologist this lack of a common trigger is typical of my disorder (PVNH). It keeps life interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<<hugs>>
You get your hopes up and then...WHAM. Epilepsy can be especially cruel that way.

Any chance you can identify a trigger for the seizure? Regardless, I hope you can take it easy for a bit, and that you start to feel better soon.

yea, do you have any clue what could be a potential cause..?

Back
Top Bottom