3 day EEG!?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

i finished the 72 hour EEG yesterday afternoon....and when they removed the electrodes I had severe redness, blistering and bleeding behind one ear and just redness behind the other ear. My forehead and chest had redness an slight blistering.

Has anyone else had this?? Does it mean I was allergic to the glue?

My son had a 48 hour EEG last year and a 24 hour EEG last week. He definitely had more irritation with the longer exposure to the glue. I think this is "normal".

It does sound like a reaction to the glue. I didn't have anything like that but I haven't been able to get the glue all out either despite all the oil and washing *sigh*. Finally had to give my hair a break. Too bad they didnt leave it on an extra day...last night was intersting to say the least, lol. We went to a motorcycle club meeting and I kept twitching and "smelling" things. Hubby kept whispering "are u ok?" Got the occaisional odd look...oh well.

When is your next appt. Daisy? My doc always waits utnil my appts to tell me the BIG news. SHe calls me with my levels results or to get more tests, raise meds etc.

I see my neuro on Wednesday....and I know what you about more activity as soon as the EEG is unhooked! Murphy's Law I guess!!

My 72 hour EEG was normal! Now does that mean I don't have seizures??
My initial 20 minutes EEG showed spikes in the left paritel lobe. I am so confused....what happens now?

EEGs -- even longer-term ones -- aren't necessarily definitive one way or the other. There can be false positives and false negatives. The thing that you and your neurologist need to look closely at is the clinical info (i.e. your actual symptoms). If the symptoms still suggest a seizure disorder then it's worth considering some sort of treatment plan and seeing if it works to control the symptoms.

I have a long history of severe migraines 2-4 per week too.....so yesterday he started me on Topamax....
BUT, how will I ever know if I have seizures??

Hi, Daisygirl,

It's hard to tell when you have a seizure when it involves altered conciousness. One way is to spend your time on something that changes when you zone out. Like a computer game. If suddenly your character is dead and you don't remember it happening, chances are you zoned out. I know you can't do this all the time, but there are probably some activities you can do that would give you some external feedback.

Check in with the friends/family who noticed your "zoning our" before. Ask them to let you know if there's any change once you go on the Topomax.

Eeg

Sorry I took so long to respond, Ive been on vaca. I dont think it showed some stuff but it said some other stuff. Im sorry my memory is so bad. cake

Back
Top Bottom