5 yr old Hearing things repeated- any similar experiences?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Aberoo

New
Reaction score
My 5 year old has just started saying that she sometimes hears the last thing said repeated. She is annoyed by it and says 'naughty head'.

I'm trying to work out what it could be and I know hearing voices in your head is a phenomena in it's own right, and know that it can be to do with other things like schizophrenia.

But after doing a bit of googling, I'm wondering if this could be a simple partial seizure with auditory effects?

Any experiences, or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Aberoo, welcome!

It can tough to figure out what's going on with kids. While it's possible that something neurological is going on, I would have her checked out by an ENT to make sure that there are no issues with her ears/hearing. Keep track of any possible symptoms, anything that seems to odd to you, and let her doctors know if they increase or change in any way.

Best,
Nakamova

Hearing

Thanks Nakamova, I'm on way to Drs now about it. Am hoping that it can get sorted.

Back
Top Bottom