504 Accommodations

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I was wondering if any parents out there have a 504 for their children. My son has one and we are evaluating this week, wondering what services other kids are receiving and what my child maybe eligible for.
Thanks for any input.

What is a 504? My daughter was just diagnosed with Childhood Absence Epilepsy so I am new to all this and feeling completely lost.

We have an IEP for Nicole as I it covers so much more. The LD teacher did try to talk us into going with a 504 this year instead of the IEP and when I researched it, there would be less for them to do to make her successful.

My son did not qualify for an IEP, and I was okay with it, at least for the moment, he is getting all he needs and doing well in school, we will see what the future holds, we can reassess at any time.

Back
Top Bottom